C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving a 2018 C300 loaner today how to tell what radio?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 346 Likes on 207 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
c300 loaner vs my 17 c43 direct comparison. radio question?

As title states, I have a c300 2018 loaner today. My car is in for warranty work (recall items and roof panel rattle and software updates (complaint about tranny, engine cutting off fuel, and radio lagging, all items that should be updated)).

I havent tried the auto trunk feature yet so will see if I like or not. Since ive gotten tints the extendable visors on this 2018 arent a priority upgrade anymore but overall the build feels much more solid. I will see later where it was assembled.

The first and very important question is, how can I tell which NTG radio hardware version it has? It has the burmeister upgrade and apple car play. It sounds soo much cleaner and louder than my burmeister. also it is much faster with no lag between screens. the interfeace has different screen changes and volume has an output to screen. So at minimum it has a different software version. id be curious to know what it is if it si NTG 5.2 like the earlier w205 or if they indeed downgraded to NTG 5.1 like in the cla gla every other class with carplay as some have speculated.

My other question is once i figure out the hardware, how can i tell which software it has?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Star4life; 11-13-2017 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Did you check where the car was built? I got a 2018 C300 loaner the other day and it was built in South Africa…
Old 11-13-2017, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 346 Likes on 207 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
car was made in the US! After driving 40 miles today I am very impressed with the build quality. No rattles at all. feels solid. this model doesnt have the acoustic glass like my c43 and it was noticeable and louder in the cabin. I made sure the acoustic lock on radio was turned on.
apple car play works! And I love it. I have always been an apple user but one thing i really liked is you could press the voice button on steering wheel to bring up siri. i prefer this to the command which is why i do not get command. It worked flawless every time. I will be retrofitting to my 17 c43, i will make a seperate post about this after ive collected all data. I can confirm a headunit change will be necessary as well as coding and it should be plug and play. i took down part numbers for sirius sat unit, burmeister amp, and will get software and headunit version as well. before i turn it in at end of the day.

I noticed this car did not have night package yet it shipped with black hood badge. I think it looks better. easy ecu placement under hood if you like tunes.

I also noticed the rear spoiler is different than mine. the code is 104 on invoice. But it is different than the stock 17 c43 number of U47? Anyone know what the c63 ships with? I think the 104 is more agressive and may change to it. i think dealer added it on after delivery as i do not see on original build codes.

overall i am very happy with the build quality of the 18 c300 4 matic that i have. Today dealer fixed rattles in my 17 c43 so hopefully i should be good. They also updated ALL firmware for TCU, ECU, and head unit so i should have same as the 18s. And be ready for the AMR tune