Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG coupe
Negative camber with HR springs

Hey everyone,

New here on the forum.
I recently changed my C220d coupe for a new C43 coupe. Just got it delivered in October 2017 and feeling delighted!!!

As this one is a "keeper", I wanted to make some light mods.

Last week my local dealer (who has very good reputation in automotive performance enhancements) mounted H&R lowering springs on my car. Upon completion one of the employees called for me to have a look and to measure the exact distance for spacers.
We found out that the car's wheels were not straight anymore (negative camber).
So they sent me to another shop nearby to have it aligned.
After the attempt to correct this matter we found out that it is not possible to remain within the required limits required by Belgian technical inspection... Car still has too much negative camber. (I can post details if anyone is interested). It is also OBVIOUS to the naked eye!

What bothers me is the part number of the installed springs namely 28811-2

I checked the official H&R website and found another part number for the coupe: 23002-6

However the guy who mounted the springs confirmed that 28811-2 is used for C43 coupes

I've been reading posts about people here having the sedan springs on their coupes, I'm confused!!!

Can anyone confirm the correct H&R part number please as well as any negative camber issues with their lowered C43 coupes ???

Here's a pic of the box of the installed springs:

Thanks a lot!

Chris
Old 12-10-2017, 09:58 PM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
I had this issue after installing the springs. Went through tires quickly then decided to install the kmac camber kits on the front and rear. Expensive but solved the issue and really improved the look and ride of my car.

Last edited by DVision44; 12-10-2017 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:55 PM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2015 Audi Q5 3.0T, 2018 C43 Coupe
interesting. I've not heard anyone mention the need for a camber kit when lowering the car. I'm not terribly surprised, but everyone seems to mention "just get some H&R Springs" but no mention of camber kit. On other forums you hear member stalking about camber kits a lot...but generally when dropping approx 1.5-2 inches.

DVission, which camber kit did you install? also curious if other members that have dropped their cars have also installed a camber kit?

@Chris_V, 23002-6 are the part number of the VTF height adjustable springs. These seem to be specific to coupe and sedan, though I don't think anyone has installed them yet. Also, I'm curious to know if they are interchangable between coupe and sedan since both cars share suspension components...I think?
Old 12-10-2017, 11:46 PM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
Originally Posted by Mecca
interesting. I've not heard anyone mention the need for a camber kit when lowering the car. I'm not terribly surprised, but everyone seems to mention "just get some H&R Springs" but no mention of camber kit. On other forums you hear member stalking about camber kits a lot...but generally when dropping approx 1.5-2 inches.

DVission, which camber kit did you install? also curious if other members that have dropped their cars have also installed a camber kit?

@Chris_V, 23002-6 are the part number of the VTF height adjustable springs. These seem to be specific to coupe and sedan, though I don't think anyone has installed them yet. Also, I'm curious to know if they are interchangable between coupe and sedan since both cars share suspension components...I think?
Front: https://k-mac.com/product/mercedes-c...shing-503416k/
Rear: http://k-mac.com/product/mercedes-w2...shing-502226k/

Like I said expensive but worth it if you ask me... If your leasing maybe not...
Don't mind the year...they'll work with the 18 also. There is a US brand that makes a good camber kit for the car but I can't remember the name offhand. I'll be getting one or the other when I get my new car.

Last edited by DVision44; 12-10-2017 at 11:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mecca (12-11-2017)
Old 12-11-2017, 08:50 PM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2015 Audi Q5 3.0T, 2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by DVision44

Like I said expensive but worth it if you ask me... If your leasing maybe not...
Don't mind the year...they'll work with the 18 also. There is a US brand that makes a good camber kit for the car but I can't remember the name offhand. I'll be getting one or the other when I get my new car.
ughh....those are spendy!! And almost twice as expensive as sets I've seen for other cars. This here Merc is not cheap.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:24 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 Cab
The stock C43 is already set up with some negative camber. I assume you are saying that the negative camber has increased? In your post you said the wheels are not straight anymore so I am not sure what baseline you are comparing to.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:35 PM

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
2009 C230
Originally Posted by DVision44

​​​​​​
Are these easy to install/adjust?