AMG Track Pace App not available

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 03:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C43 AMG
Question AMG Track Pace App not available

Hi,

Just want to share some information with others regarding the AMG Track Pace App.

It was included on my C43 and I saw a few brothers have it in their spec. as well. So I went through the entire car system and couldn't find it and then found some articles online saying it is an iPhone app that will sync. car information from the car to the phone.

So I tried searching it in the App Store (US), and couldn't find it. But this app is apparently available in App Store from other countries (for example Mexico). You won't be able to download it unless you switch your iTunes account to that country, which is troublesome to switch as you will miss out apps that are specific to US, especially if you have purchased apps and music from the original country.

So I called MBUSA and asked their customer representative about this app, the lady had no idea what it was and thought I am talking about mbrace. She then pulled out my car spec. and saw the AMG Track Pace App option (costed $150), and then she said she will call me back as she needs to do some investigation.

So after a few hours, she called me back and said the app is currently not available in the US yet...then I questioned why MB is charging customer for feature that is not available yet and show it as an option in their website. So she said they are still working on it, and hopefully it will be available in early 2018.

I am wondering as a customer, for those of us that have this option, should we give it a timeline and request a refund if we still can't use this app after a certain time? It is not a lot of money compare to the car, but I just think it is wrong...
Old 01-10-2018, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
I'm not surprised to hear this, there's lot's of things that are just wrong about Mercedes-Benz apps and their performance...especially Mercedes Me...

Make sure you demand a refund...at least for principle. It's the only way business responds to their screw ups...when their profit is affected...
Old 09-12-2018, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TBD
Totally with you on this, and have the same disappointment and frustration. I’ve spoken with both MBUSA, and my dealership. Haven’t pushed it further for refund yet, but am ready to as this still isn’t available. Very poor of MB to still be charging all this time for something that’s not available.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Penti
Totally with you on this, and have the same disappointment and frustration. I’ve spoken with both MBUSA, and my dealership. Haven’t pushed it further for refund yet, but am ready to as this still isn’t available. Very poor of MB to still be charging all this time for something that’s not available.
Yep, very disappointed. Really like the performance and satisfaction the car has given me, but my purchase experience with the dealer and MB finance have been so bad that this might be my last MB for awhile.