The [OFFICIAL] "Yo, can a brotha get a part#" Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 132 Likes on 116 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
The [OFFICIAL] "Yo, can a brotha get a part#" Thread

Seen a few threads created just to get a part# so now that I need to do the same, perhaps it would be a good idea to try and consolidate everything into one thread. And who knows, enough good info accumulates in here over time then we could have it stickied to the top? I'm sure this will most likely die off and be forgotten about after a few days but hey, might as well try

So I'll start off, can anyone get me the part number for the V-band clamp that connects the turbine housing, or "hotside", of the turbo to the catalytic converter? I swapped my cats back in for my "A" maintenance work and I think I didn't have the driverside flanges lined up well enough and then like an idiot, didn't take notice to the added resistance as I was tightening the clamp and bent it..... So moral of the story, don't be an idiot like me and you will avoid having an exhaust leak

Thank you in advance!
Old 01-19-2018, 02:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 132 Likes on 116 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
Or am I an idiot for trying to get this from the dealer? I suppose I could just get any v-band flange right? I mean, obviously I need to get the correct size diameter wise, but are all v-bands the same when it comes to the flange size? I guess it would be the actual 'v' of the 'v-band,' eh?