Sponsored by:

Static LED headlights not functioning / responding

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG
Static LED headlights not functioning / responding

Hey guys, my static LED (single beam) headlights aren't functioning.
* Left Driver side goes on entirely upon unlocking the car (the HID beam AND daytime running LED both go on, which it's not suppose to).... and right Passenger side is not working at all.
* Light switch inside the cabin does not not have any effect on either of the lights.

Xentry error codes:
- P124088 The CAN bus has a malfunction. Bus OFF

Any suggestions on what to do next? It seems like the module that talks to the headlights/head light switch is not functioning correctly.

Is there any way to reset the CAN bus?

Maybe check for a blown fuse? does the CAN bus have a fuse?

Last edited by detlev; 02-21-2018 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:43 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
It's time to visit your dealer's service department. Let them sort it out.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:24 AM

C43 AMG
Originally Posted by guhvies
It's time to visit your dealer's service department. Let them sort it out.
Thanks for your suggestion, but I'd like to find this one out myself If anyone has another suggestion I'll be happy to hear
Old 02-21-2018, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by detlev
Thanks for your suggestion, but I'd like to find this one out myself If anyone has another suggestion I'll be happy to hear
if you dont have a sds system you wont be able to do anything.

if the can bus has an error or is down you will need to find what the issue is. The headlings are on the peripheral can bus network. Green and green/white wires. The bus bar network for peripherall can is under the floor driver side in USA. passenger side for RHD vehicles.

The first thing I would do is make sure wires in headlight connector are connected and seated well and make sure headlight connector is connected well. May just have a loose connection.

If that is seated well. check the bus in the floor. But i doubt any of these would come loose. So then my guess would be you have a control module failure somewhere on the bus. a SDS system would help to pinpoint the module that failed. you will not be able to plug and play a new module as coding will be required. which you need an SDS and vedoc access for (aka dealer login)

goodluck
Old 02-21-2018, 10:00 PM

C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Star4life
if you dont have a sds system you wont be able to do anything.

if the can bus has an error or is down you will need to find what the issue is. The headlings are on the peripheral can bus network. Green and green/white wires. The bus bar network for peripherall can is under the floor driver side in USA. passenger side for RHD vehicles.

The first thing I would do is make sure wires in headlight connector are connected and seated well and make sure headlight connector is connected well. May just have a loose connection.

If that is seated well. check the bus in the floor. But i doubt any of these would come loose. So then my guess would be you have a control module failure somewhere on the bus. a SDS system would help to pinpoint the module that failed. you will not be able to plug and play a new module as coding will be required. which you need an SDS and vedoc access for (aka dealer login)

goodluck
I did a headlight swap from Static to ILS.

The ILS set has 1 pin less and different positions, so I used a wire harness/adapter , but unfortunately that was incrorect as well.

While trying to figure out which wires belong to which pins on the new set, I decided to put back my original Static ones cause i had to go somewhere. That's when the problem occurred. I'm guessing when I was testing the ILS lamps the wires got messed up and might've caused a system error / blown fuse.

If you can help me figure out which wires goes to which pins on the new set, I'd be extremely greatful as well, so far I can't figure it out. Static ones = 7 pins... yet the DUAL ILS set, 6 pins.. makes no sense to me..

What do you think? See attachment. I made this last night with as much info as i have.

Static LED headlights not functioning / responding-bx695d9.jpg

Last edited by detlev; 02-21-2018 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by detlev
I did a headlight swap from Static to ILS.

The ILS set has 1 pin less and different positions, so I used a wire harness/adapter , but unfortunately that was incrorect as well.

While trying to figure out which wires belong to which pins on the new set, I decided to put back my original Static ones cause i had to go somewhere. That's when the problem occurred. I'm guessing when I was testing the ILS lamps the wires got messed up and might've caused a system error / blown fuse.

If you can help me figure out which wires goes to which pins on the new set, I'd be extremely greatful as well, so far I can't figure it out. Static ones = 7 pins... yet the DUAL ILS set, 6 pins.. makes no sense to me..

What do you think? See attachment. I made this last night with as much info as i have.

i pmd you on facebook.