Sponsored by:

C43 and the MB Cycle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S3
C43 and the MB Cycle

I’m coming in from an Audi S3 hoping to land in a C43 Coupe. I don’t know the MB brand or their cycles and I was wondering if someone knowledgeable could answer for me;

• Where in the lifecycle is the C43 Coupe currently? Is it due for a facelift or mid-life revival?

• I noticed that the facelift C43 Sedan/Estate didn’t receive the new headlight design or MBUX system, while I’m not particularly interested in those elements, does that point to another upgrade sooner rather than later?

• Does the C43 Coupe often receive the same updates as the Sedan/Estate, and if yes, why didn’t they show it all off at the same time?

Thank you
Old 03-08-2018, 07:30 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 AMG C43 T
It would surprise me if the coupé doesn't get the facelift as well. My guess is that it will be shown pretty soon. Maybe they focus on their volume-models for now. The coupé came approx. 2 1/2 years after the sedan, if I'm not wrong.

The facelift did get new headlights with LED Multibeam Technology. It didn't get the MBUX System, but a new infotainment screen and digital instrument panel.

Edit: The coupé came approx. 1 1/2 years after the sedan.

Last edited by hlieberg; 03-08-2018 at 07:33 AM.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by hlieberg
It would surprise me if the coupé doesn't get the facelift as well. My guess is that it will be shown pretty soon. Maybe they focus on their volume-models for now. The coupé came approx. 2 1/2 years after the sedan, if I'm not wrong.

The facelift did get new headlights with LED Multibeam Technology. It didn't get the MBUX System, but a new infotainment screen and digital instrument panel.

Edit: The coupé came approx. 1 1/2 years after the sedan.
View this post on Instagram
Old 03-08-2018, 09:31 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 AMG C43 T
Here is some more info and spyshots of the coupé facelift. As you can see, this has the new multibeam headllights, so it's certainly getting a facelift pretty soon. The pictures were taken quite a while ago.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...oupe-spy-shots

http://www.inautonews.com/video-spie...ht-in-the-wild
Old 03-08-2018, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S3
Thank you for your insights.

Originally Posted by hlieberg
Here is some more info and spyshots of the coupé facelift. As you can see, this has the new multibeam headllights, so it's certainly getting a facelift pretty soon. The pictures were taken quite a while ago.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...oupe-spy-shots

http://www.inautonews.com/video-spie...ht-in-the-wild
Old 03-09-2018, 12:46 AM

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Originally Posted by FutureC43Owner
I’m coming in from an Audi S3 hoping to land in a C43 Coupe. I don’t know the MB brand or their cycles and I was wondering if someone knowledgeable could answer for me;

• Where in the lifecycle is the C43 Coupe currently? Is it due for a facelift or mid-life revival?

• I noticed that the facelift C43 Sedan/Estate didn’t receive the new headlight design or MBUX system, while I’m not particularly interested in those elements, does that point to another upgrade sooner rather than later?

• Does the C43 Coupe often receive the same updates as the Sedan/Estate, and if yes, why didn’t they show it all off at the same time?

Thank you

The C43 is more than slightly past midcycle. I would say somehwere about 65-70%. The car basically got its 2nd refresh with the C450 being the real first iteration and the C43 itself being the 1st refresh before it was refreshed AGAIN last month. With the new Inline6 already being introduced into newer chassis throughout the lineups, the V6 probably will not be used much longer.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:46 AM

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by waisoserious
The C43 is more than slightly past midcycle. I would say somehwere about 65-70%. The car basically got its 2nd refresh with the C450 being the real first iteration and the C43 itself being the 1st refresh before it was refreshed AGAIN last month. With the new Inline6 already being introduced into newer chassis throughout the lineups, the V6 probably will not be used much longer.
Inline 6 in the W206 comes in 2.5 years, idk if OP would wait that long