Sponsored by:

C43 Brakes & Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
C43 Brakes & Tires

Hey guys I just signed a three year lease for a C43, since it's my first time leasing a car like this, I do have some questions:
1, I did a pre-paid three year maintenance plan, which covers 3 yr/30,000mi, but now that I think about it, I am having a 36 months, 10Kmiles per year, so maybe I could just purchased a 2-year plan, and return it ar the 36th months, but since I had already signed the contract, so I am okay with it.
2, After reading a few posts and other articles online, I noticed that the OEM 19inch RFT only left around 12K miles, so I know I am gonng get that exchanged, but the financial advisor at dealer said when I return the car, I need to have my tires certain depth left(I forgot the exact number), so my question is
am I expecting 1 new set of tires or 2? I am planning to have the micheline pilot A/S(which is about $1K per set).
3, Similar to the tire, I know that I need to get a new set of braking pads(hopefully not rotors) during the three years, is it covered by any warranty or maintenance? And also am I expecting 1 set or 2 sets of those?

Thank you in advance!
Old 03-11-2018, 08:45 PM

Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts
2018 C43 AMG
1- I did the same thing, but too late i guess. not worried either.
2- You do need to return the car with a certain amount of thread or new tires, but you can just buy some cheap chinese tires when returning it. i'm pretty sure they dont have to be the pirelli run flats.
3- For me, i was told i get 1 free brake change rotor & pads.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:47 PM

C43
Originally Posted by C43Ayemgee
1- I did the same thing, but too late i guess. not worried either.
2- You do need to return the car with a certain amount of thread or new tires, but you can just buy some cheap chinese tires when returning it. i'm pretty sure they dont have to be the pirelli run flats.
3- For me, i was told i get 1 free brake change rotor & pads.
thanks man!
Old 03-12-2018, 05:28 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
Do you have somewhere to store the tyre rubber? If yes, switch them immediately to some good non run flat rubber and store the run flat rubber. The ride will much better and you won't get much life out off the run flats. When the time comes to return the car, switch back to the run flats.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:36 AM

C43
Originally Posted by guhvies
Do you have somewhere to store the tyre rubber? If yes, switch them immediately to some good non run flat rubber and store the run flat rubber. The ride will much better and you won't get much life out off the run flats. When the time comes to return the car, switch back to the run flats.
That did occur to me, but I am currently living in an apartment and about to relocate to a another city, the only way of doing this is storing those tires in a storage room, renting cost aside, I am even sure if I’ll come back, or travel hundreds of miles to get those tires... but thanks for the advice! I’ll consider it seriously
Old 03-12-2018, 05:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 Lexus IS350 F Sport
Does everyone’s pre paid maint plan include the one free brake service? Or was that something that had to be negotiated before hand? Also when returning the car I was under the impression that it has to have the run flats. Can you return with any tire?
Old 03-12-2018, 05:40 AM

C43
Originally Posted by sinaca
Does everyone’s pre paid maint plan include the one free brake service? Or was that something that had to be negotiated before hand? Also when returning the car I was under the impression that it has to have the run flats. Can you return with any tire?
I’m not sure about the brake pad exchange, but for tires, I was told by the manager that I need the same exact sizes (19inchs, 225 front 245 rear etc) so it can’t be 18 or something. And it must have certain tread left. It was like 4 or something I really don’t remember. But I guess RFT shouldn’t be a problem, and also the OEM tires are summer, I guess returning a set of all seasons would just be fine