Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Brilliant Blue C43 Cabrio after 1 month

Old 04-12-2018, 12:45 PM

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
2018 C43 Cabriolet
2018 Brilliant Blue C43 Cabrio after 1 month

My observations after 1 month and 1500 Kms since original post on Mar 11 :
Very pleased with the dual personality of the drive. In comfort with the PE off it is a smooth relaxed cruiser . In S+ with PE on its an animal with excellent performance and precise steering/suspension set up .
The sounds from the PE are intoxicating and as has been said before the PE should be a required option ,given its switchable nature.
Fit , finish and materials are excellent
Loaded 100 CDs on to hard drive with no problems ( I'm old )
Driven short distances with roof down and found the neck heaters need to be turned down after 10 mins they are so hot . We are still around 0 Deg !
First time using a TPMS and wonder how accurate the readings are . I have 2 manual gauges and each one is a little different ?
Only negative comment and its annoying .The trunk can be opened only with the key or inside the door.. Having said that the trunk is larger than I expected and quite good for a convertible .
Rear seat legroom is also quite good for adults even with 6 footers in front ,again quite good for a convertible .
Haven't had much use for the paddle shifters as the 9 speed is too quick and efficient .Its nice to know its there though .
Surprisingly insurance went down 25% from my previous C350 ?
The visual representation on the screen of the opening/closing of the roof is very useful as it avoids having to worry about the operation
Overall very happy with the car !
Old 04-12-2018, 01:05 PM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
2018 C43
Nice short mini review. Enjoy the new ride! BTW your trunk doesn't open by swiping foot under the trunk?
Old 04-12-2018, 01:35 PM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
C43, GLS450
Originally Posted by agchenry
Nice short mini review. Enjoy the new ride! BTW your trunk doesn't open by swiping foot under the trunk?
I don't think Cabs get the Easy-Pack Trunk or whatever it's called.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:01 PM

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Originally Posted by splunge
My observations after 1 month and 1500 Kms since original post on Mar 11 :
Very pleased with the dual personality of the drive. In comfort with the PE off it is a smooth relaxed cruiser . In S+ with PE on its an animal with excellent performance and precise steering/suspension set up .
The sounds from the PE are intoxicating and as has been said before the PE should be a required option ,given its switchable nature.
Fit , finish and materials are excellent
Loaded 100 CDs on to hard drive with no problems ( I'm old )
Driven short distances with roof down and found the neck heaters need to be turned down after 10 mins they are so hot . We are still around 0 Deg !
First time using a TPMS and wonder how accurate the readings are . I have 2 manual gauges and each one is a little different ?
Only negative comment and its annoying .The trunk can be opened only with the key or inside the door.. Having said that the trunk is larger than I expected and quite good for a convertible .
Rear seat legroom is also quite good for adults even with 6 footers in front ,again quite good for a convertible .
Haven't had much use for the paddle shifters as the 9 speed is too quick and efficient .Its nice to know its there though .
Surprisingly insurance went down 25% from my previous C350 ?
The visual representation on the screen of the opening/closing of the roof is very useful as it avoids having to worry about the operation
Overall very happy with the car !

Sweet man! Enjoy. Happy to see another C43 Cab in the GTA.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by splunge

One nice thing about the 9g tranny is that you can skip gears with the paddle shifters. If you double click on the left paddle you will immediately downshift 2 gears. I use this on my GLC43 for smoother passing than using the kickdown. I also use it whenever I'm in the mountains and need a little engine braking.

Enjoy your new ride.