Sponsored by:

Climate control pissing me off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG
Climate control pissing me off

Guys, with my 2017 C43, when i start the car and change the direction of airflow ie: move from windsheild to face, or any changes, it takes a LONG time for it to get to that setting and blow air at that setting.
Never had an issue with any other cars that had slow response to climate control.
Is this just me? or common thing?
Old 04-17-2018, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Coupe
It is common on a lot of systems not to increase the fan speed until the HVAC system can send the proper temperature air through, either by the coolant reaching a temperature to give you some heat, or for the air conditioning to get things circulating. Usually air conditioning will kick in fairly quickly, heating may require a little longer. My coupe does that as well, but usually only when I need heat and am starting off in cold conditions.
My Lexus does that as well, so did my Cadillac, but my Fusion did not, it would instantly start blowing air at whatever fan speed that was set and not wait until it was warmed up a bit.
So unless the delay is really long I do believe it is working as it is supposed to. If all else fails talk to your dealer to confirm that everything is working properly.