Sponsored by:

How To: Remove/Replace AMG Exhaust Tips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 07:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 AMG C43
Looking for help: How Do I Remove/Replace AMG Exhaust Tips

I have a new 2018 C43 and also new to this forum. Thank you for all your helpful posts. I purchased a pair of the chromed AMG exhaust tips. My car has the black out option and they just disappear into the diffuser. I am having trouble getting the OEM tips off which searching brought up your post. Posts I read say to remove the 2 torx bolts and nylon brackets which I did. Push towards the front to get the upper tabs out-check did that. But then what? There does not seem to be enough room to turn down or rotate out behind the diffuser and I think the tabs catch on top edge trying to pull out through the diffuser. Any additional help/tips/pics would be appreciated. Sometimes the easiest mods are not! Thank you. Doug

Last edited by DougsC43; 04-30-2018 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Changing title to clarify need for help
Old 03-14-2020, 03:47 PM

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
various
Did you ever discover how to do this?
Old 03-23-2020, 02:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 AMG C43
Yes. Had to loosen a couple of the diffuser bolts to make a little more room under there. Not cutting or anything. Used a lot of blue painters tape around the painted diffuser exhaust opening to avoid any scratches. You do have to persuade everything a little bit.