Sponsored by:

Alignments

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 05:47 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
'17 C43 Coupe
Alignments

Just curious, where do most of you get your alignments done? My dealer made it seem like the end of the world if I get it done anywhere else, something about blah blah AMG blah blah. I understand that many shops are not used to working on these cars but I’m wondering how much of a difference it actually makes. Mercedes does it for $250 which is the price of a lifetime alignment package at most shops. I’ve done it at the dealer twice since I’ve bought the car but am starting to wonder if I’m getting ripped off...
Old 08-29-2018, 07:30 PM

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
I asked the dealer to check my alignment/camber/caster/toe during a service and they just told me to pull in to the bay, running over a hump by the bay doors. I did so and they said everything was fine on their computers.

Anyone know what kind of sorcery this is? What is the machine called? I can understand the concept but I want to be sure of its capabilities before they write me off so quickly.

As for OP, did you mess up your alignment or just wanted to get it perfect, because maybe you can do what I did and get free checks.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C450 AMG
Originally Posted by jonathan358
I asked the dealer to check my alignment/camber/caster/toe during a service and they just told me to pull in to the bay, running over a hump by the bay doors. I did so and they said everything was fine on their computers.

Anyone know what kind of sorcery this is? What is the machine called? I can understand the concept but I want to be sure of its capabilities before they write me off so quickly.

As for OP, did you mess up your alignment or just wanted to get it perfect, because maybe you can do what I did and get free checks.
TreadSpec
The following users liked this post:
jonathan358 (08-30-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 09:41 AM

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by foxberry
TreadSpec
Thank you, this technology is really cool. Don't think I have seen too many dealers in my area (Not just MB) have this.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:55 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C450 AMG
Originally Posted by jonathan358
Thank you, this technology is really cool. Don't think I have seen too many dealers in my area (Not just MB) have this.
No problem - they are becoming more & more common in the new ground-up Service Centers many Dealerships are building these days