Sponsored by:

Few questions on the C43 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 10:33 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
C43 Coupe
Few questions on the C43 Coupe

Loving the c43 coupe very much but some random questions came up along the way!

Does the LED intelligent light system actually turn with the wheels? I don't seem to see it move nor can I tell its effects that the promo video advertises. I can't see it try to avoid blinding on-coming traffic.
Are the windshield jets heated and if so how to turn them on for winter? I think the SA once said that all MB's have heated jets. (I'm in Canada)
Old 10-01-2018, 10:42 PM

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
1. Yes, it angles when you turn your steering wheel. Try at night with full lock while moving.
2. If you are referring to the 64 individually lit LEDs, no they do not actively "avoid blinding oncoming traffic" due to Canadian law (adopted from America). They are banned in our country and are only found in euro-spec cars. What we do have is auto on/off which sucks.
3. Apparently they are heated and apparently they have holes in them that squirts out directly from the wiper blades. But after the first month of having them work, I do not notice them working anymore. Also, I highly recommend you NOT turn on your wiper blades until the ice has melted enough to slide off. It will just scratch your blades and leave streaks...
Old 10-02-2018, 02:55 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
3 - if they are try turning on the rear defroster. As this does the side mirrors, it might also do screen jets. But I'm just guessing here. Your manual should have info on this.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:50 AM

Also forgot to mention, the wiper "jets" can also be toggled on by the speed you are moving at. Similar to how the panoramic roof opens and closes based on your speed.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:01 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by jonathan358
Also forgot to mention, the wiper "jets" can also be toggled on by the speed you are moving at. Similar to how the panoramic roof opens and closes based on your speed.
Didn't know about the Canadian laws had certain EU technology limited. That is a pity.

Yes, I always melt or scrap the ice before I use the wipers during winter in my old car. I was kind of hoping that new technology can eliminate some brutal winter window scraping. I guess I still have to stick the wipers up when I leave the car in the office parking lot.

I didn't know that the washing fluid comes through the blade. I remember it still sprays washing fluid from under the hood, like the typical designs. Need to check tomorrow.

Did you mean the wipers vary in wiping speed depending car speed? The pano is the other thing I was wondering. I often hear it move at certain situation but wasn't sure if it was tilting or if it was the sun screen that moved.

The SA didn't tell me all this.

Does the suspension change the car height at S+ or is it just stiffness change?
Old 10-02-2018, 09:03 PM

Received 132 Likes on 112 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
Just stiffness no ride height change
Old 10-02-2018, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by mcschan86
Didn't know about the Canadian laws had certain EU technology limited. That is a pity.

Yes, I always melt or scrap the ice before I use the wipers during winter in my old car. I was kind of hoping that new technology can eliminate some brutal winter window scraping. I guess I still have to stick the wipers up when I leave the car in the office parking lot.

I didn't know that the washing fluid comes through the blade. I remember it still sprays washing fluid from under the hood, like the typical designs. Need to check tomorrow.

Did you mean the wipers vary in wiping speed depending car speed? The pano is the other thing I was wondering. I often hear it move at certain situation but wasn't sure if it was tilting or if it was the sun screen that moved.

The SA didn't tell me all this.

Does the suspension change the car height at S+ or is it just stiffness change?
You can't stick the wipers up on our cars, it gets blocked by the hood as it is deep in there. Just blast heat on windshield.

The wiper jets [apparently] turn on when you are travelling fast so that the traditional nozzles don't spray fluid at your windshield and bounce over the top of your car.

The pano roof tilts up and down depending on your speed, faster = lower/closed more and vice versa. The sunshade can also automatically open or close a bit depending on the angle of the sun (I have only experienced or noticed this once in my 4 months of ownership).

Only stiffness changes with dampers.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Originally Posted by jonathan358
You can't stick the wipers up on our cars, it gets blocked by the hood as it is deep in there. Just blast heat on windshield.

The wiper jets [apparently] turn on when you are travelling fast so that the traditional nozzles don't spray fluid at your windshield and bounce over the top of your car.

The pano roof tilts up and down depending on your speed, faster = lower/closed more and vice versa. The sunshade can also automatically open or close a bit depending on the angle of the sun (I have only experienced or noticed this once in my 4 months of ownership).

Only stiffness changes with dampers.
Buzz Killington checking in to burst wiper bubble. I coincidentally sprayed wiper fluid this morning at 35pm & 80mph....both times all three jets from under the hood spray. No wiper arm fluid release.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by RichardCranium3
Buzz Killington checking in to burst wiper bubble. I coincidentally sprayed wiper fluid this morning at 35pm & 80mph....both times all three jets from under the hood spray. No wiper arm fluid release.
You know what I think it is? The wipers are trash and get clogged up easily. Or I added a bit of crappy wiper fluid one time and mixed it with another brand. Perhaps Rain-X was used and the solution hardened inside the nozzles?

I swear I have seen it work when I got my car new...

Also, some conspiracy sh**:
I took off some red stickers off the wiper blades which I believe are where the nozzles are located and ever since it stopped working (to my knowledge). I couldn't believe the dealer would take off some but not all of them off? They are a bright red, circular sticker. Took off like 6 of them combined from both blades.

Last edited by jonathan358; 10-03-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:24 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
^^ it's either that or you've got a special order...
Old 10-04-2018, 10:55 AM

Received 107 Likes on 94 Posts
2016 C450 AMG / C50 Lorinser
You can only raise the wipes after you pull them to the left to clear the hood.It's the same action to replace the wiper blades. The front windshield is heated to help with snow and ice and works with the front defrost option. You will still have to remove ice, or wait until the car warms up and the windshield does it magic. The washers are just under the blades, under the top part of the hood and not on the blades themselves as I think that is for higher MB models.