MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C450/C43 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg-216/)
-   -   Best Tune? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg/726741-best-tune.html)

Spencer1990 11-11-2018 12:29 AM

Best Tune?

Hi there I have a 2017 Glc 43 posting here because more popular same engine. Just wondering next month I'm going to tune my car and just curious who the best is? I will be running 94 Octane and want the highest hp/tq possible. Also are catless downpipes worth it?

Thanks

HTXgearhead 11-11-2018 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Spencer1990 (Post 7600293)
Hi there I have a 2017 Glc 43 posting here because more popular same engine. Just wondering next month I'm going to tune my car and just curious who the best is? I will be running 94 Octane and want the highest hp/tq possible. Also are catless downpipes worth it?

Thanks

Skip the downpipes, I would go with EC for the tune. I think they have a discount right now as well. Power numbers are on their site.

Dieseldan9 11-11-2018 04:59 AM

Hard to say seeing there is so many options search this forum, do your research and see what works for u.

Tunes on this forum is a hot subject

RichardCranium3 11-11-2018 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Dieseldan9 (Post 7600342)
Tunes on this forum is a hot subject

As is creating new threads when there are already many redundant threads on the topic.

OP... You're asking about a highly subjective topic. Please search the forum, comment on the existing threads, visit the forums of the tuners (if they have one), and finally ask the tuners directly. Some tuners won't address questions on the forums, some will.

Mr. J 11-11-2018 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Spencer1990 (Post 7600293)

Thanks

Higher numbers do not always correlate with higher performance and often do correlate with reduced driveability. I suggest you do a little more research before jumping into ECU tunes.

The JB4 piggyback is a good option because it allows for easily switching between maps. So for example, you can have a dedicated 94 octane hi performance map and also have maps set up for 91-92 when road tripping through areas where 94 is not available.

You are going to get a lot of responses from fanboys that are attempting to justify their own purchases. Most responses of this type don't offer much besides "get brand x, I got it and it's the best!"
Ignore these posts and instead look for info regarding service quality and troubleshooting, features that the tune adds, and user performance data (slips don't lie).

GuardianVA 11-11-2018 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. J (Post 7600597)
Higher numbers do not always correlate with higher performance and often do correlate with reduced driveability. I suggest you do a little more research before jumping into ECU tunes.

The JB4 piggyback is a good option because it allows for easily switching between maps. So for example, you can have a dedicated 94 octane hi performance map and also have maps set up for 91-92 when road tripping through areas where 94 is not available.

You are going to get a lot of responses from fanboys that are attempting to justify their own purchases. Most responses of this type don't offer much besides "get brand x, I got it and it's the best!"
Ignore these posts and instead look for info regarding service quality and troubleshooting, features that the tune adds, and user performance data (slips don't lie).

Agreed, sheer power, or even the fastest time slip doesn't mean it's the best or safest tune. There are tuners on this platform that have an astonishing level of ignorance about certain aspects of tuning, have made outright false statements, and have refused to share data...which says they have something to hide. Use due diligence and search around on the forum.

GreekUPS 11-11-2018 04:21 PM

I enjoy the Chill station on XM. Great tunes!