Sponsored by:

Best Tune?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 12:29 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2017 GLC 43 Coupe
Best Tune?

Hi there I have a 2017 Glc 43 posting here because more popular same engine. Just wondering next month I'm going to tune my car and just curious who the best is? I will be running 94 Octane and want the highest hp/tq possible. Also are catless downpipes worth it?

Thanks
Old 11-11-2018, 02:22 AM

Received 126 Likes on 95 Posts
2018 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by Spencer1990
Hi there I have a 2017 Glc 43 posting here because more popular same engine. Just wondering next month I'm going to tune my car and just curious who the best is? I will be running 94 Octane and want the highest hp/tq possible. Also are catless downpipes worth it?

Thanks
Skip the downpipes, I would go with EC for the tune. I think they have a discount right now as well. Power numbers are on their site.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:59 AM

Received 132 Likes on 112 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
Hard to say seeing there is so many options search this forum, do your research and see what works for u.

Tunes on this forum is a hot subject
Old 11-11-2018, 07:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Originally Posted by Dieseldan9
Tunes on this forum is a hot subject
As is creating new threads when there are already many redundant threads on the topic.

OP... You're asking about a highly subjective topic. Please search the forum, comment on the existing threads, visit the forums of the tuners (if they have one), and finally ask the tuners directly. Some tuners won't address questions on the forums, some will.
Old 11-11-2018, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by Spencer1990

Thanks
Higher numbers do not always correlate with higher performance and often do correlate with reduced driveability. I suggest you do a little more research before jumping into ECU tunes.

The JB4 piggyback is a good option because it allows for easily switching between maps. So for example, you can have a dedicated 94 octane hi performance map and also have maps set up for 91-92 when road tripping through areas where 94 is not available.

You are going to get a lot of responses from fanboys that are attempting to justify their own purchases. Most responses of this type don't offer much besides "get brand x, I got it and it's the best!"
Ignore these posts and instead look for info regarding service quality and troubleshooting, features that the tune adds, and user performance data (slips don't lie).
The following users liked this post:
Arian Mosazadeh (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 03:12 PM

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
'19 C43
Originally Posted by Mr. J
Higher numbers do not always correlate with higher performance and often do correlate with reduced driveability. I suggest you do a little more research before jumping into ECU tunes.

The JB4 piggyback is a good option because it allows for easily switching between maps. So for example, you can have a dedicated 94 octane hi performance map and also have maps set up for 91-92 when road tripping through areas where 94 is not available.

You are going to get a lot of responses from fanboys that are attempting to justify their own purchases. Most responses of this type don't offer much besides "get brand x, I got it and it's the best!"
Ignore these posts and instead look for info regarding service quality and troubleshooting, features that the tune adds, and user performance data (slips don't lie).
Agreed, sheer power, or even the fastest time slip doesn't mean it's the best or safest tune. There are tuners on this platform that have an astonishing level of ignorance about certain aspects of tuning, have made outright false statements, and have refused to share data...which says they have something to hide. Use due diligence and search around on the forum.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:21 PM

Received 132 Likes on 111 Posts
‘15 C300 4M Sport, ‘20 GLC300
I enjoy the Chill station on XM. Great tunes!
The following users liked this post:
RichardCranium3 (11-12-2018)