Is this normal? C43 AMG engine Bay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG
Is this normal? C43 AMG engine Bay

hi guys,

im looking to purchase a c43 & after inspecting it I found this, it looks like an oily residue? is this something that normally happens? Should I be worried? What causes this to happen?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Blowynkk; 11-27-2018 at 07:08 AM.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Did you actually inspect in person or are you only going off of this picture? I'm not sure if it's actually there or just a poor quality picture, but there looks to be some wipe marks/streaks on the engine cover coming down from the oil cap. Looks like a lazy tech performed an oil change, spilled during refill and didn't clean up after himself. The gold/honey color indicates fresh, unused oil, so I doubt it's a leak.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:34 AM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts
2019 AMG C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by RichardCranium3
Did you actually inspect in person or are you only going off of this picture? I'm not sure if it's actually there or just a poor quality picture, but there looks to be some wipe marks/streaks on the engine cover coming down from the oil cap. Looks like a lazy tech performed an oil change, spilled during refill and didn't clean up after himself. The gold/honey color indicates fresh, unused oil, so I doubt it's a leak.
My initial thought as well, looks like someone just made a mess and didn't clean it up, but it's hard to say from just the photo.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Mine came overfilled from the factory, dealer fixed it no problem.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG
Originally Posted by RichardCranium3
hey man,

i actually did inspect the vehicle in person and when I asked the salesman he told me it’s a bit of oil, it happens to a lot of there cars so obviously he has no idea. I initially thought that maybe because of pressure the oil leaked out of the cap and wanted to know if something like that was normal. Anyways thanks for the reply I’m sure it was pure laziness

btw is that the brake fluid? Lol