C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trade designo Platinum White Pearl/Black Nappa leather AMG Seats for Standard Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 03:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 C43 Sedan
Trade designo Platinum White Pearl/Black Nappa leather AMG Seats for Standard Seats

Posted on the marketplace (https://mbworld.org/forums/market/728688) but seeing if anyone is interested in trading me a set of designo Platinum White Pearl/Black Nappa leather seats for my AMG performance version. My 2018 C43 has 2300 miles on it and the seats are pristine, and awesome, but due to a back injury they're just too hard for me. (They were fine in 10/20 minute test drives, but an hour is a whole other story it turns out.) I've been using a cushion as a stop gap but am hoping someone would be willing to trade/sell the sport seats. If you're in the Seattle area I'd be happy to let you test them out if you haven't spent any time in them to make sure they'll work for you. My car is owned, so I don't need to keep the seats.

I'm also happy to buy a pair if anyone is selling/knows where I can get the already assembled set of seats, I've been asking around at dealers but having gotten anything but "No."

I know this is a long shot but, my god, cushions ruin the look of these awesome seats.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:26 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
AMG C43 3LV6
Originally Posted by MasterTowlie
Posted on the marketplace (https://mbworld.org/forums/market/728688) but seeing if anyone is interested in trading me a set of designo Platinum White Pearl/Black Nappa leather seats for my AMG performance version. My 2018 C43 has 2300 miles on it and the seats are pristine, and awesome, but due to a back injury they're just too hard for me. (They were fine in 10/20 minute test drives, but an hour is a whole other story it turns out.) I've been using a cushion as a stop gap but am hoping someone would be willing to trade/sell the sport seats. If you're in the Seattle area I'd be happy to let you test them out if you haven't spent any time in them to make sure they'll work for you. My car is owned, so I don't need to keep the seats.

I'm also happy to buy a pair if anyone is selling/knows where I can get the already assembled set of seats, I've been asking around at dealers but having gotten anything but "No."

I know this is a long shot but, my god, cushions ruin the look of these awesome seats.
What is wrong with a cushion on your seat?

I mean if its for medical reasons than so be it. I think picking a nice cushion that can "blend" in and like part of the interior may be better than time, energy and money invested in buying new seats.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....LL._SY355_.jpg

This might be a solution.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:33 PM

2018 C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by AMG C43 3LV6
What is wrong with a cushion on your seat?

I mean if its for medical reasons than so be it. I think picking a nice cushion that can "blend" in and like part of the interior may be better than time, energy and money invested in buying new seats.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....LL._SY355_.jpg

This might be a solution.
Beyond not looking great it's just not as good a solution for my back as the proper seat.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:41 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
AMG C43 3LV6
Originally Posted by MasterTowlie
Beyond not looking great it's just not as good a solution for my back as the proper seat.
I appreciate your situation and respect it. I am just saying if it works then dont worry about the inside aesthetics. The cars external appearance and power is what casual observers will only comment on. I would personally try a lot of cushions well before changing seats.

Dont get me wrong, I love my interior and have added a few things here and there to make it look even better. With that said, if I needed a cushion for my back and it helped I couldnt care about anything else. Your physical and mental health should always come first.

Unless you have furry dice hanging from the rear view mirror lol.

I would be interested in what others have to say on this.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:42 PM

2018 C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by AMG C43 3LV6
I appreciate your situation and respect it. I am just saying if it works then dont worry about the inside aesthetics. The cars external appearance and power is what casual observers will only comment on. I would personally try a lot of cushions well before changing seats.

Dont get me wrong, I love my interior and have added a few things here and there to make it look even better. With that said, if I needed a cushion for my back and it helped I couldnt care about anything else. Your physical and mental health should always come first.

Unless you have furry dice hanging from the rear view mirror lol.

I would be interested in what others have to say on this.
Wife made me ditch the trailer nuts and furry dice a while ago :-(

But seriously, it's more that the cushions are OK for a stop gap but don't fully fix the pain issues for me.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:57 PM

2018 C43 Sedan
Bump for the weekend crowd.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
I hate to say it but you will probably need to trade the car.
Maybe if you have a good relationship with your SA he can find you another '43 without giving you too much of a haircut.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:21 AM

2018 C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by Mr. J
I hate to say it but you will probably need to trade the car.
Maybe if you have a good relationship with your SA he can find you another '43 without giving you too much of a haircut.
Yeah, it's on the list of possibilities. I keep trying to do is trying to find a dealer that will just sell me the seats, but haven't had any luck, which seems crazy, but whatever.

I've priced them out on one of those OEM part sites and it's around 3k for each, and then I'll still have the original seats, but would need to assemble it myself, which I think I can do, but would far prefer to have an already assembled seat. With self assembly I'm also worried it won't include all the nuts and bolts I need as they wouldn't be selling it as a "kit", so I think they expect you to have those still from your replacement seat.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:38 AM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Maybe call a local (or national) salvage yard and see if they can find any or look out for some from a 2017 or 2018 C43...or C63, if those fit. You may have to be a bit more open to a different color or normal (vs designo) seats, and would still need to have to get rid of your own seats, but would probably be a lot cheaper than buying from OEM part sites. Other than that, probably stuck with or better off with a trade, unfortunately.