C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Headlamps

Old 12-19-2018, 11:52 PM

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
C 43
LED Headlamps

I'm just amazed at the active lights on my c43.

AMAZED

I drove one of my twisty, mostly unlit roads tonight on the way back from work. The Automatic high beams worked very well, I don't think anyone was blinded from the other direction. Cornering beams were tossed when making right/left turns from a stop. I followed another car for a good distance on an unlit road, and I'm pretty sure the beam dipped behind the car BUT not to the sides of the road-I'm always looking for Bambi-in my world it is an issue...

Has anyone figured out the programming ? I know they sense from a camera near the mirror, and from what I can see, they can tell the difference between one street light and two tail lights, or two head lights coming toward you even at a good distance.

Any information as to how this works would be appreciated ! I won't mess with it-just wondering how they do it

I've spent a lot of my driving life tossing DOT lights for E codes....installing driving lights on other cars...generally improving my light world. I've had lights that steer, but this is amazing.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:53 AM

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
TBD
Now I'm jealous I didn't spec them.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:55 AM

Received 72 Likes on 66 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
what amazing is crash preventive alert.
the car beeps alert you that the car in front of you suddenly slowed down or have stopped on freeway before you even realized it.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
its up for debate but i do not think assist+ can be coded on american headlights. only available for euro headlights.
Old 12-26-2018, 01:56 PM

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
C 43
Originally Posted by Star4life
its up for debate but i do not think assist+ can be coded on american headlights. only available for euro headlights.
What would it do ? US folks have always suffered under DOT regs, but what functionality should I be unhappy I'm missing

Old 12-26-2018, 02:31 PM

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts
Current: 2022 C300W4, 2016 Audi A8L Previous: 2019 C43W4
Originally Posted by speedlaw
What would it do ? US folks have always suffered under DOT regs, but what functionality should I be unhappy I'm missing
I can’t comment with certainty on enabling for US spec headlamps, but rumor has it we get a different headlamp so it’s not just programming.

As for what what we don’t get—“always-on” high beams. The headlamps have 84 (or some absurd number) of individual LEDs that can be selectively shut off around other vehicles—it’s nearly as precise as a video projector. So you’ll end up having high beam wrap around the sides of vehicles in front of you and not glare drivers.

I had it on a GLC rental car while in Germany for two weeks this fall and it worked incredibly. Especially nice on long autobahn halls at high speed.

If you really want to geek out, see the link below. Yes, it’s a W213 video, but it’s the same tech in the MY19 W205.