Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dinan sport tuner - review

Old 01-04-2019, 01:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes c43 2017
Dinan sport tuner - review

Hey everyone,

before ive bought the sport tuner i couldnt really find good review on the increase of power from the sport tuner compare to other piggy back like JB4 etc

Ive installed the sport tuner this morning, while i was on a conference call, it took me literally 2.3 minutes at max, hardest part was to wait for my car
to be in sleep mode, ive removed the battery of my remote as well to make sure it doesnt "wake up"

Now the fun part, i connected the app on my phone to my tuner, selected race mode since i have 94 octane here in Gatineau/Ottawa, Canada

WOWWW seriously ??? for friking 300$ US dollar or 400$ CA dollar for me, my butt said "WTF" for that amount this is a BIG difference, i felt like the second I press the pedal
the powerband was inscrease an easy 30 whp, less turbo lag as well more instant power, i doubt that its only 40 Crank HP honestly but maybe my butt dyno is messed up, keep in mind I'm still in love with the car
only has 13,000KM on it, i didn't get tired of it yet and still love the increase for 400$.

Still want to see this summer how the 1/4 will be and also 0-60 because right now streets are full of snow and slush, winter tire aren't the best for times.

Feel free to ask me any question if you want to know

hope that helps but,

INSTALL: EASY PEASY
PERFORMANCE GAIN: Butt dyno says Holy moly for 400$
CONCISTENCY: so far didnt bug out or anything
RECOMMEND: Hell ya dont waste time and get one of those before you get a full tune or anything like that

Last edited by Lachoufe; 01-04-2019 at 01:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
waisoserious (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 08:32 PM

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
GLC43, S350, 535GT, 740IL
Originally Posted by Lachoufe View Post
Hey everyone,

before ive bought the sport tuner i couldnt really find good review on the increase of power from the sport tuner compare to other piggy back like JB4 etc

Ive installed the sport tuner this morning, while i was on a conference call, it took me literally 2.3 minutes at max, hardest part was to wait for my car
to be in sleep mode, ive removed the battery of my remote as well to make sure it doesnt "wake up"

Now the fun part, i connected the app on my phone to my tuner, selected race mode since i have 94 octane here in Gatineau/Ottawa, Canada

WOWWW seriously ??? for friking 300$ US dollar or 400$ CA dollar for me, my butt said "WTF" for that amount this is a BIG difference, i felt like the second I press the pedal
the powerband was inscrease an easy 30 whp, less turbo lag as well more instant power, i doubt that its only 40 Crank HP honestly but maybe my butt dyno is messed up, keep in mind I'm still in love with the car
only has 13,000KM on it, i didn't get tired of it yet and still love the increase for 400$.

Still want to see this summer how the 1/4 will be and also 0-60 because right now streets are full of snow and slush, winter tire aren't the best for times.

Feel free to ask me any question if you want to know

hope that helps but,

INSTALL: EASY PEASY
PERFORMANCE GAIN: Butt dyno says Holy moly for 400$
CONCISTENCY: so far didnt bug out or anything
RECOMMEND: Hell ya dont waste time and get one of those before you get a full tune or anything like that

Congratulations. Why didnt you go Dinan Elite?
Old 01-04-2019, 08:38 PM

Mercedes c43 2017
Originally Posted by waisoserious View Post
Congratulations. Why didnt you go Dinan Elite?
Honeslt im planning to get a full tune when warranty is up, i decided to go safe and cheap for now. Having a full tune for me makes more sense than elite for same price almost.

You have the elite?
Old 01-04-2019, 11:34 PM

Honeslt im planning to get a full tune when warranty is up, i decided to go safe and cheap for now. Having a full tune for me makes more sense than elite for same price almost.

You have the elite?
No I am using a JB1
Old 01-05-2019, 08:15 AM

Mercedes c43 2017
Originally Posted by waisoserious View Post
No I am using a JB1
How do you like it ?
Are. You getting CEL ?
​​​
Old 01-05-2019, 10:32 PM

How do you like it ?
Are. You getting CEL ?
​​​
Its good. I didnt use any custom settings like some users to get crazy 1/4mile times, like 18bora. And I didnt upgrade to JB4 (too lazy) and get even crazier times, like 80% of the people on JB4.
No Cel. No issues.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:31 PM

Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
since you wanted a comparison between dinan sport and jb4 ill give you one.

i bought the dinan sport first as well. it was good. it felt much faster i was happy.

ended up upgrading to the jb4 and wow. night and day again. the jb4 is on the "full" tune level. and for the price you really cant beat it. id recommend getting jb4 first then stacking a full tune on after if you want to eek out every last tenth. but for most the jb4 will be sufficient.
The following users liked this post:
BMS (01-07-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 03:33 PM

Mercedes c43 2017
Originally Posted by Star4life View Post
since you wanted a comparison between dinan sport and jb4 ill give you one.

i bought the dinan sport first as well. it was good. it felt much faster i was happy.

ended up upgrading to the jb4 and wow. night and day again. the jb4 is on the "full" tune level. and for the price you really cant beat it. id recommend getting jb4 first then stacking a full tune on after if you want to eek out every last tenth. but for most the jb4 will be sufficient.
Reliability is a big thing for me, im kinda scared of the jb4 in term of reliability, cel, maintenance on the car etc. What about yours ?
Old 01-07-2019, 12:32 PM
BMS
SPONSOR

Received 64 Likes on 40 Posts
2018 C63 Sedan
Reliability is a big thing for me, im kinda scared of the jb4 in term of reliability, cel, maintenance on the car etc. What about yours ?
Very reliable! The extra inputs and control allows it to provide more power with safer tuning. The only drawback is a slightly higher price and extra installation connection.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:25 PM

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
2018 C43 AMG
Very few people have the dinan sport, Tons of people have the JB4. BMS offers great customer feedback aswell as a community of people who have the same tune, and the jb4 will probably blow your mind over the dinan sport.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:50 PM

Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
never had a cel. changed the oil. 19k miles on car. so not much time with tune to determine long term reliability. but id say its top notch!