C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 C43 Ride Quality and Fit/Finish any better?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 07:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C450
2019 C43 Ride Quality and Fit/Finish any better?

I have a C450 coming to lease end so I’m deciding what I want next.

Has the C43 suspension gotten better ride quality yet? The C450 rides super firm and crashes into any imperfection on the road. This combined with so-so fit/finish build quality makes it my biggest gripes.

I know Audi S4 and BMW 340i will ride better on city streets.
Old 01-29-2019, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
I have been super disappointed with the build quality on my '18.

And the ride is firm, which I'm fine with. But it's kind of a "flinty" or cheap-feeling firm.

Back to build quality - I had to have the entire steering wheel and column replaced because some kind of dark, greasy stains kept leaching out from the steering wheel and plastic.

The black gloss trim that lines the center console is so flimsy and loose that the air from the vents can blow it about in the breeze.

I have what looks like dried sweat stains appearing on all 4 of my leather door panels on a weekly basis. Have cleaned them off with a damp (water) microfiber towel every week since August and they keep coming back.
Old 01-29-2019, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
I had a 2004 Accord Coupe that was built better than this hunk of crap lol. Here are some pics of the stains I was referring to above:

Last edited by zibby43; 01-29-2019 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:26 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Saab 900 SET
Wow, looks like your car has eczema. What does MBUSA say?
Old 01-29-2019, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by synergize
Wow, looks like your car has eczema. What does MBUSA say?
Told me to take it to the dealer. I was a huge fan of MB and the brand, in general. But MBUSA's customer service has shattered my confidence in the brand. I don't know if it's irreparable damage, yet.

After having my steering wheel and column replaced, and all my brake rotors (and pads) replaced (due to rust and corrosion), I wasn't in the mood to go back to the dealer.

Other issues: My reading lights don't work, my windshield wipers over-travel and hit against the trim on the A-pillar (making a loud THUNK noise) in moderate-heavy rain, and the car's alignment is off somehow (has been since day 1).

Since all the problems emerged within the first few weeks of owning the car, I tried to get rid of it. But there were no '18 like-for-like replacements. So they told me to wait for the '19s. That took until Decemeber.

Still no resolution. I haven't aired my grievances publicly yet. But I'm not holding back anymore. Sorry to jack the thread, OP.
The following users liked this post:
synergize (01-29-2019)
Old 01-29-2019, 04:23 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
Had my C43 Sedan for about a month now and it's solid as a rock. I think the interior is an upgrade from 2015. I think except for a few parts the 2019 is basically all new. The doors close solidly. With the runflats the ride is solid but I happen to like it. Only issue I had was on delivery my wife got in the back seat and there was some of the stitching that was pulled out, the dealer got a new seat by air and popped it in a few days later. I personally think it boils down to the dealership and their attitude. My wife had a 2013 that had issues filling it with gas, I endured it for a year while they fiddled. She doesn't drive that much so it wasn't all that big a deal. In the end they took it back and put her in a 2015 for basically nothing. I was satisfied. My advise is to get your dealer to let you take one for a day or two and drive your regular routine, that 's tell you if you like it. A drive around the block with the salesman in the back seat is total BS. If they won't then find another dealer. I've had various dealers give me a car for a week, and in the end we bought.
Now to your problem, I think I remember a few years back MB had a problem like that with the MBTex on seats and they did a replacement program, might try to google it., here's one link I found quickly https://www.autoblog.com/2015/02/11/...-tex-followup/
Old 01-29-2019, 05:54 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
what kind of remark is that?, have a nice day!