New to Mercedes! - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices
C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Mercedes!

 
Old 02-11-2019, 10:58 AM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
2019 C43
New to Mercedes!

Hey there!
New to Mercedes and new to the forums! I am currently driving a big ol Dodge Ram and need to get something smaller for the city. Iíve had my eye on the C43 since they have come out in 2017. Or 2016 if you count the c450. I am looking at a new 2019. Hoping to have mine for by the summer time if I can find the right deal!
Cheers
OilKingz is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to OilKingz For This Useful Post:
AMG C43 3LV6 (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 12:25 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
AMG C43 3LV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 470
Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts
AMG C43 3LV6
Originally Posted by OilKingz View Post
Hey there!
New to Mercedes and new to the forums! I am currently driving a big ol Dodge Ram and need to get something smaller for the city. Iíve had my eye on the C43 since they have come out in 2017. Or 2016 if you count the c450. I am looking at a new 2019. Hoping to have mine for by the summer time if I can find the right deal!
Cheers
Congratulations and welcome to the Club. Best advice I could give is to watch plenty of youtube reviews of the C43 and also the tutorials as well. I learnt a lot of the basics on there and it held me in good stead.

It goes without saying NO MATTER WHAT. - BUY YOUR C43 with the PERFORMANCE EXHAUST. This is a non negotiable. Every poster will tell you the same. You will have instant regret not getting it.

Which country are you in?
AMG C43 3LV6 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 02:06 PM
  #3  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 130
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Saab 900 SET
Originally Posted by OilKingz View Post
Hey there!
New to Mercedes and new to the forums! I am currently driving a big ol Dodge Ram and need to get something smaller for the city. Iíve had my eye on the C43 since they have come out in 2017. Or 2016 if you count the c450. I am looking at a new 2019. Hoping to have mine for by the summer time if I can find the right deal!
Cheers
Good choice in a vehicle. Are you looking for a 2019 car already at the dealer (lot car)? If you find a car you're interested in you should probably start negotiations at 6 to 8% off MSRP, maybe someone can confirm the percentage to seek off MSRP, it could be more!
synergize is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 07:33 PM
  #4  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
2019 C43
Originally Posted by AMG C43 3LV6 View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the Club. Best advice I could give is to watch plenty of youtube reviews of the C43 and also the tutorials as well. I learnt a lot of the basics on there and it held me in good stead.

It goes without saying NO MATTER WHAT. - BUY YOUR C43 with the PERFORMANCE EXHAUST. This is a non negotiable. Every poster will tell you the same. You will have instant regret not getting it.

Which country are you in?
Thanks! I think Iíve watched almost every single video about the C43. I am hooked on it. The performance exhaust does sound wicked.
Edmonton AB Canada
OilKingz is online now  
Old 02-11-2019, 07:36 PM
  #5  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
2019 C43
Originally Posted by synergize View Post
Good choice in a vehicle. Are you looking for a 2019 car already at the dealer (lot car)? If you find a car you're interested in you should probably start negotiations at 6 to 8% off MSRP, maybe someone can confirm the percentage to seek off MSRP, it could be more!
There isnít a whole lot of selection where I live on the lots yet for the options that I want. So Iím going to wait it out to see if I can find one that will come in. The dealer I deal with shared the invoice price with me so Iíve got a good base to go off of. Iím going to aim for 10% off.
OilKingz is online now  
Old 02-11-2019, 07:50 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
AMG C43 3LV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 470
Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts
AMG C43 3LV6
Originally Posted by OilKingz View Post


Thanks! I think Iíve watched almost every single video about the C43. I am hooked on it. The performance exhaust does sound wicked.
Edmonton AB Canada
This guy really knows his AMG's and in particular the C43, has also done one where the C43 beats the C63s in damp conditions, 0-100. Ouch.

AMG C43 3LV6 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 07:51 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
AMG C43 3LV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 470
Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts
AMG C43 3LV6

Here he emphasizes why you need the PE. lol
AMG C43 3LV6 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 07:55 PM
  #8  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
2019 C43
Originally Posted by AMG C43 3LV6 View Post
This guy really knows his AMG's and in particular the C43, has also done one where the C43 beats the C63s in damp conditions, 0-100. Ouch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spExrpW_F1o
haha yes! I would say Iíve watched that video roughly 4-5 times! Really enjoy his content. He does great reviews on all of the cars.
My initial thought was to pick up a slightly used C63 but for my winter driving conditions the AWD is where itís at.
OilKingz is online now  
Old 02-12-2019, 04:05 AM
  #9  
Member
 
MarcusDubya77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Schonaich, Germany
Posts: 210
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
19 Selenite Grey C43 AMG Coupe
Welcome aboard, and you will not be disappointed.
MarcusDubya77 is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to Mercedes!


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: