No Perf Exaust worth buying?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 08:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 681 Likes on 536 Posts
c
Originally Posted by gcurnew
I have PE on my '19 C43. I like the sound of the exhaust but really hate the pops and crackles, which are pretty much present whenever the car is driven even moderately hard in Sport or Sport+. I agree that it'll be good for resale, though. I wish there was a tune I could do to eliminate the pops and crackles, but keep the tone and the on/off valve.
the excessive pops and cracks are just annoying to me. Rather more sound via a song not a percussion ensemble.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:30 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 Sedan and 2020 Volvo V60 CC
Originally Posted by alexasa
the excessive pops and cracks are just annoying to me. Rather more sound via a song not a percussion ensemble.
I like the pops and cracks on deceleration, what annoys me is the fart sound between shifts when the car is being driven leisurely, it doesn't need to make that fake sound when in Comfort. It's a welcome sound when I'm driving aggressively but I see no benefit when it's barley moving, it's on par with the piped in sound other manufacturers have moved to these days. I've got a friend that has a BMW i8 and it's hilarious the amount of exhaust sound can be heard inside the car but step outside the car and it's almost non-existent.

I will agree that it's probably a good option to have for resale but I ordered a Green car with the Performance seats so obviously resale value isn't high on my priority list!
Old 03-05-2019, 03:03 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
C450 AMG - Polar White
Originally Posted by Capt Slo
I've got a friend that has a BMW i8 and it's hilarious the amount of exhaust sound can be heard inside the car but step outside the car and it's almost non-existent.
this is ridiculous and quite sad this is what we are coming to in the automotive world...... exhaust button and hear it through the speakers instead of the actual sound of the car..... only a matter of time until we are all be forced to drive soundless electric cars anyway, enjoy what we can now!
Old 03-06-2019, 09:48 AM

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
C43 AMG
Hi OP.

I bought the car without PE because car was very very cheap.

I did the retrofit, very easy if you find a PE off a wrecked car just bolt it up.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...-complete.html

My valves are open 24/7 as I have no control over them and love the sound. It is not loud in comfort but when in sports+ alot of pops crackles and bang on great shift good for when you are going on a spirited drive.

Before the exhaust the car did not feel like AMG but thats my opinion, I suggest getting car with PE especially if you can just close the valves.