MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C450/C43 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg-216/)
-   -   Calling all DIYers (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg/743485-calling-all-diyers.html)

stockbmw 05-01-2019 07:30 PM

Calling all DIYers

Well anyone that can check your dipstick.

I noticed recently after when I did my first oil change, that when you pull the dipstick out it's dry completely. So like regular Joe, I added some more oil.

However, when I check again last week, dipstick was completely dry again! But before I decided to add more oil, I checked again but this time it was over max!

Is something wrong with my dipstick or is it how it's design like check the dipstick on 2nd try?

Mr. J 05-01-2019 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by stockbmw (Post 7746361)
Well anyone that can check your dipstick.

I noticed recently after when I did my first oil change, that when you pull the dipstick out it's dry completely. So like regular Joe, I added some more oil.

However, when I check again last week, dipstick was completely dry again! But before I decided to add more oil, I checked again but this time it was over max!

Is something wrong with my dipstick or is it how it's design like check the dipstick on 2nd try?

Check second try. If you overfilled, you need to drain out the xs.

Star4life 05-03-2019 10:32 AM

did you warm engine up? car needs to be on level surface and at operating temp to correctly check oil level. i noticed it says you have c300 so i cant say the exact amount you need but for the c43/450 guys, 7.5qts of oil is what it takes roughly.

stockbmw 05-03-2019 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Star4life (Post 7747537)
did you warm engine up? car needs to be on level surface and at operating temp to correctly check oil level. i noticed it says you have c300 so i cant say the exact amount you need but for the c43/450 guys, 7.5qts of oil is what it takes roughly.

Thanks, changed the profile!

Now back to topic, does this engine have seal around the dipstick area? All cars prior to this, dipstick never came out dry completely, whether engine is warm cold or otherwise. Can anyone check if it's the case on your car? Good to check the dipstick once in a while. Thx!

Mr. J 05-04-2019 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by stockbmw (Post 7747552)
Thanks, changed the profile!

Now back to topic, does this engine have seal around the dipstick area? All cars prior to this, dipstick never came out dry completely, whether engine is warm cold or otherwise. Can anyone check if it's the case on your car? Good to check the dipstick once in a while. Thx!

It has a seal and will always read low on the first pull.

Mr. J 05-04-2019 03:23 PM

If you overfilled you need to vacuum out the excess or drain it out from underneath. You can kill a motor from overfilling oil.

Petegtsv10 05-06-2019 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. J (Post 7748147)
It has a seal and will always read low on the first pull.

Why?

Mr. J 05-09-2019 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Petegtsv10 (Post 7749849)
Why?

I don't know, I can only speculate.

All I know for certain is that both of my Mercs have an o-ring on the dip stick and it seals up air tight. It's as tight or tighter than a normal ATF dipstick. Every time I pull the dipstick it reads low on the 1st pull and normal on the second one.