c43 Lease Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 C43
Lightbulb c43 Lease Help

Hi All,

First time Mercedes owner (and lease for that matter). Got the facelift c43 about a month ago and I am in love. Just over 1000 miles now.

As my previous car was a finance, I knew that I had free reign to upgrade and change as I see fit, however obviously that isn't the case with lease's.

I am looking for some feedback on whether or not my dealer (or if it is even possible... not a car guy... just love driving them) would be able to switch out the exhaust to the optional "performance exhaust" for my vehicle. I will admit I was a bit ignorant to all the add-ons when test driving this vehicle, and while I loved all the ones that were included, I did not know the exhaust was an additional option.

Do any of you think it is worth the ask or should I just put it behind me and use it for better information next time around?

Thanks for any advice... this car is so much fun to drive and I am finally able to let her loose a bit more after the break in period.

Old 05-11-2019, 11:18 AM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
C43, GLS450
Originally Posted by camel7000
Hi All,

First time Mercedes owner (and lease for that matter). Got the facelift c43 about a month ago and I am in love. Just over 1000 miles now.

As my previous car was a finance, I knew that I had free reign to upgrade and change as I see fit, however obviously that isn't the case with lease's.

I am looking for some feedback on whether or not my dealer (or if it is even possible... not a car guy... just love driving them) would be able to switch out the exhaust to the optional "performance exhaust" for my vehicle. I will admit I was a bit ignorant to all the add-ons when test driving this vehicle, and while I loved all the ones that were included, I did not know the exhaust was an additional option.

Do any of you think it is worth the ask or should I just put it behind me and use it for better information next time around?

Thanks for any advice... this car is so much fun to drive and I am finally able to let her loose a bit more after the break in period.

It's possible but will probably be more expensive. Cheaper solution would be getting an aftermarket exhaust if you're looking for more sound. It's not as simple as getting the perf exhaust and installing it to make it work like it would from the factory.

I would leave it be for now, you'll know better for next time.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:05 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 lol
If you plan on returning the car at the end of the lease, you'll want to avoid adding any aftermarket parts that aren't easily removed and replaced with stock parts. If you plan on buying out the lease (I've had many leased cars, and have always bought them out at term end and sold them privately) then go ahead and do whatever you want. Technically it's Mercedes' car but the odds are close to zero that they will care...unless to try to give them back a modded car.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:43 AM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Lesson learned. Next time research what options are available before signing. All it would have taken is 5 minutes. There are so many threads about this topic.
Sorry.
Old 05-12-2019, 05:04 PM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Too many
you can do whatever you want as long as you return it to stock before lease end
just returned my E63 lease and did a muffler delete when I bought the car , and reversed back to stock at lease return prior to inspection with no problem
you are going to drive the car for probably three years , so if sound is important to you, just search what the best option is and do it