C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Regarding the M-B Navigation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 04:01 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
GLA250 4Matic, 911 Carrera S, R1250 GS Adv.
Regarding the M-B Navigation

1. Am I correct in saying there's no way to find current Elevation?
2. Once I've entered my Destination, can I add more than one Intermediate Destination?
Old 06-24-2019, 09:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 AMG C43
MB Navigation

Phone GPS systems are superior to any car navigation systems. Phone apps receive continual upgrades and gain real traffic and alternate route guidance that car systems can't match. Waze even adds real time reports of police, construction and road conditions. Even if you are familiar with the roads, the ability to hear real time traffic activity and police activity is a valuable asset.
The following users liked this post:
Sailorlite (06-24-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 11:12 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C205 C43 AMG
gchottiner, that wasn't what the OP was asking (by the way, phone GPS, has no speed pulse input, rev gear or acceloromter input, so next to useless in tunnels or big city centres, car sat-nav is better in those circumstances).

To answer the OPs question. I don't believe elevation data is available, I've certainly never found it. And you are correct, only one wasy point may be added.
The following users liked this post:
Sailorlite (06-27-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 03:37 PM

Received 182 Likes on 143 Posts
2017 C43
While on Navi screen, pull down on scroll wheel to bring up sub menus. Choose, Options > Map Content > Text Information On Map > Geo-coordinates.
You should see a “mountain” symbol that shows current elevation.
Old 06-27-2019, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,836 Likes on 2,563 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by shteef
gchottiner, that wasn't what the OP was asking (by the way, phone GPS, has no speed pulse input, rev gear or acceloromter input, so next to useless in tunnels or big city centres, car sat-nav is better in those circumstances).
+1...also phone navigation is useless if there is no cell signal, unless you remember to download the areas in advance that you are traveling in. Phone navigation is great to have for certain situations, and Car Play/AA makes it nice to use in the car, but it's not superior to car sat-nav. Some things work better in one or the other. For the last 2 months I used Google Maps over CarPlay exclusively due to Mercedes Me Connect not being activated while my car is in Europe. I more than once missed my turn in some of the large tunnel systems found in Europe, because Google Maps completely lost its mind. It's also pretty annoying when stopping in city centers and it looses its orientation and all the sudden starts calculating a new route while sitting at a traffic light. This kinda stuff does not happen with car sat-nav. The phone apps work fine in some places, but not others. Also found myself unable to even start navigation due to a lack of signal occasionally and had to find my initial way in an unfamiliar area until I had a signal again.