2019 C43 2-3 lock and jerking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 08:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43
Solved

Solved

Last edited by Andrew Holler; 06-26-2019 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:42 PM

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
After a while, and as you get used to the car, it should happen less frequently. You can get a transmission software update to correct it but I feel the MY19 already has it (changes throttle response on low torque request, will still happen occasionally even WITH the update)...

Make sure your seating position is correct and your foot does not oscillate and exacerbate the on-off gas pedal motion.

When slowing down to a complete stop, make sure you give enough time for the transmission to recognize that you are no longer trying to slow down and then press on the accelerator (~0.5-1sec).

It is a big problem but everyone with the C43 has learned to live with it. Sucks but it's not so bad!
Old 06-26-2019, 08:58 PM

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts
C 43
I complained about the "no go" problem when making a 90 deg turn. The SA told me that if the car detects too much steering angle, it will pull throttle. Next stop will be to disable TC in full and see if it still does it.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43
Originally Posted by jonathan358
After a while, and as you get used to the car, it should happen less frequently. You can get a transmission software update to correct it but I feel the MY19 already has it (changes throttle response on low torque request, will still happen occasionally even WITH the update)...

Make sure your seating position is correct and your foot does not oscillate and exacerbate the on-off gas pedal motion.

When slowing down to a complete stop, make sure you give enough time for the transmission to recognize that you are no longer trying to slow down and then press on the accelerator (~0.5-1sec).

It is a big problem but everyone with the C43 has learned to live with it. Sucks but it's not so bad!
Since posting this, I've found a couple of threads on the issue. It seems to be user avoidable, but a possibility under the right circumstances. Usually coming out of turns, attempting to accelerate and having to change pace quickly due to traffic, which was precisely the scenario today.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 06-26-2019, 11:51 PM

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
TBD
Originally Posted by speedlaw
I complained about the "no go" problem when making a 90 deg turn. The SA told me that if the car detects too much steering angle, it will pull throttle. Next stop will be to disable TC in full and see if it still does it.
Yeah, I’ve got the same issue. The 2019 seems more intrusive than the pre-facelift I owned. It’s crazy how it just cuts throttle.