C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HRE FF04 Brand new wheels (Is this an issue?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 10:51 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2019 C43 Coupe (W205)
HRE FF04 Brand new wheels (Is this an issue?)

I ordered a set of new HRE FF04 wheels from a place I get some of my auto work done. They took my order for the wheels, tires etc.. called a few weeks later to have them installed. All is well!!
I was washing my car yesterday and noticed one of the wheels had some repair work done (Paint). It was a slightly different type of black than the Tarmac as it was less matte. My question is would this come from HRE this way? and if it would should them now warranty the wheel?

Old 07-05-2019, 12:12 PM

Received 133 Likes on 112 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
that was deff not done by HRE and by a person

I would look to get a new wheel

probly was damaged somehow and half assed fixed
Old 07-05-2019, 12:23 PM

2019 C43 Coupe (W205)
Originally Posted by Dieseldan9
that was deff not done by HRE and by a person

I would look to get a new wheel

probly was damaged somehow and half assed fixed
I would agree but the question is could HRE has repaired it? Also, I closely inspected the other wheels and saw this on another one. Clearly the corners are missing paint or chipped and this would be from HRE.

Old 07-07-2019, 09:39 AM

2019 C43 Coupe (W205)
Originally Posted by gordotre
I ordered a set of new HRE FF04 wheels from a place I get some of my auto work done. They took my order for the wheels, tires etc.. called a few weeks later to have them installed. All is well!!
I was washing my car yesterday and noticed one of the wheels had some repair work done (Paint). It was a slightly different type of black than the Tarmac as it was less matte. My question is would this come from HRE this way? and if it would should them now warranty the wheel?

This seems to be getting better. I was taking some photos of the wheels and here are some additional photos. Look at the one photo and look behind the inside sticker. There is a set of uniformed dings. I am betting these were mounted on another set of tires as all the wheels have these some are 6 dings and some of three dings. If anyone can confirm my suspicion them we know these are not brand new prior to getting them on my car.

Another paint blotch from bad repair.

See marks near the back of the sticker. All the wheels have these and they were sold to me as brand new.

See the lack of paint. Multiple wheels have this in a few places.

I have contacted the place I bought these from and they have told me they bought them from an authorized HRE distributor. I have asked them to install my OEM wheels back, take care of getting proper HREs (i.e. brand new), and asked for 1/2 my money back until its resolved. I think this is very fair. I am not saying who the company is yet as if they step up I have no issue. If not, I will be letting people know the kind of business practices they have.

Interested in people's opinion on if they feel the wheels were used or if this is normal for HRE (highly doubtful). Also, let me know if my approach is reasonable.
The following users liked this post:
Dieseldan9 (07-08-2019)
Old 07-07-2019, 10:50 AM

2019 C43 Coupe (W205)
Originally Posted by gordotre
This seems to be getting better. I was taking some photos of the wheels and here are some additional photos. Look at the one photo and look behind the inside sticker. There is a set of uniformed dings. I am betting these were mounted on another set of tires as all the wheels have these some are 6 dings and some of three dings. If anyone can confirm my suspicion them we know these are not brand new prior to getting them on my car.

Another paint blotch from bad repair.

See marks near the back of the sticker. All the wheels have these and they were sold to me as brand new.

See the lack of paint. Multiple wheels have this in a few places.

I have contacted the place I bought these from and they have told me they bought them from an authorized HRE distributor. I have asked them to install my OEM wheels back, take care of getting proper HREs (i.e. brand new), and asked for 1/2 my money back until its resolved. I think this is very fair. I am not saying who the company is yet as if they step up I have no issue. If not, I will be letting people know the kind of business practices they have.

Interested in people's opinion on if they feel the wheels were used or if this is normal for HRE (highly doubtful). Also, let me know if my approach is reasonable.
Mystery solved. My installer contacted me and had me take my finger nail across some of those areas and it turned out to be the ceramic coat his team did was a bit sloppy (very sloppy) so he assured me he would have them stripped and redone to be perfect. All it good and thankfully not a wheel issue at all.