Someone please help with backup camera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C450
Someone please help with backup camera

Hey everyone,

Since buying my c450 2 years ago the backup camera has never been bright enough at night to use at all. I turned up the brightness all the way and chalked it up to a bad backup cam. Well today I finally got around to having the backup cam replaced and it did not help at all.

Can someone please take a picture of the back of their car when they are reversing at night? I'm thinking maybe I have lights out or something cuz I'm not sure why else it wouldn't be working. When I first posted about this here a couple years back people said theirs worked fine at night and I'd like to finally get to the bottom of it lol.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:53 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
Have you checked that your backup lights are working?
Old 07-16-2019, 11:24 PM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by Tirgoman
Have you checked that your backup lights are working?
Yes and lights do come on but wondering if they are only partially working or something. That's why I am hoping to compare to someone elses.
Old 07-17-2019, 12:27 PM

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
nothing
Old 07-17-2019, 12:32 PM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by AMGiggity

Thanks for trying to help but I was hoping someone could take a pic of the back of their car when they are backing up so I can compare their lights to mine. Only thing I can think is there is either a light out that im not aware of, or that something is wrong with both of my reverse lights so they are both only partially working.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:16 AM

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
nothing
Originally Posted by ragebkd
Thanks for trying to help but I was hoping someone could take a pic of the back of their car when they are backing up so I can compare their lights to mine. Only thing I can think is there is either a light out that im not aware of, or that something is wrong with both of my reverse lights so they are both only partially working.
a pic is not going to capture the light brightness clearly enough for you to compare it to yours; why don't you call a dealer, explain your situation and ask to take a look at one of their C450?
Old 07-18-2019, 08:21 AM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by AMGiggity
a pic is not going to capture the light brightness clearly enough for you to compare it to yours; why don't you call a dealer, explain your situation and ask to take a look at one of their C450?
I'm just trying to see if there is a difference in what lights come on. The closest dealership is an hour and 10 minutes away which is why I still haven't gotten it resolved lol.