Sponsored by:

SPEC REGRETS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 11:40 AM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2020 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Conv_GSDriver
I placed my sedan on order last month and the order sheet had prices available. I posted on this forum MY20 price changes based on what I ordered compared to the MY19 prices currently reflected on MBUSA. The was a slight increase in the MSRP of the base car of about $700. I am however curious about the price for the multimedia pkg being decreased from $2300 to $1250 I think as it was quoted on here. I would have to look at my build sheet but I think it still showed $2300 but it could also be not all prices are updated.

You should be able to go to the dealer and see the current build sheet pricing.
Thanks. When I negotiated on the car and subsequently ordered we were still looking at trade tariffs of up to 25% with mexico. With mercedes building some vehicles and parts in mexico I had to expect they would spread the tariff across their entire lineup, rather than the full 25% on just the vehicles they build there.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:47 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
'18 Audi A4
So I emailed the dealer I placed my order with and asked them if they can add U88 to my build. Just got the confirmation they are doing so. I didn't think it was available for C43 but thanks to you guys here, it will be added. Kuddos to forums!!

Originally Posted by arnold0523
Then I have a question for you guys, when ordering 2020 AMG models, were you able to select U88 AMG Drive Unit? It's showing on ordering guide, but my dealer wasn't able to find it from ordering system. (same thing applies to wireless charging & NFC Pairing option) Sounds odd when you have it available in ordering guide, but not available for order...
The following users liked this post:
PFEAMG (08-14-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 04:56 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
2017 C43 Sedan
So I emailed the dealer I placed my order with and asked them if they can add U88 to my build. Just got the confirmation they are doing so. I didn't think it was available for C43 but thanks to you guys here, it will be added. Kuddos to forums!!
Yeah I am ordering a C43, the ordering guide says it's available for C43 as well. So it's weird... Even though these options are readily availble if you use control buttons on center console, I found it's easier to adjust from a steering wheel.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:24 PM

2017 C43 Sedan
[QUOTE=PFEAMG;7827421]
Multimedia package from 2020 Model had just adjusted the price from $2300 to $1250. Ordering guide shows 8/6/2019 new price changed.

Cool, that's good news. However looking at the Mercedes US Web site it's still showing the $2300. Are you in the US?
yes, in US. the website you are looking at is for 2019 model.
PFEAMG (08-14-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 07:35 PM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 AMG C63S

yes, in US. the website you are looking at is for 2019 model.
It's interesting that Merc is reducing price on an option by $1,000+, which they rarely do and it is not (fully) included in the base price bump. May be they have more parts in their inventory for the final year model of the generation that they would prefer to sell at a lower price rather than not selling them at all? Also the DOGs have pricing and other spec errors at times (commonly), hopefully it's not one of those. BTW, is this true for both C43 and C63/C63S ?
Old 08-14-2019, 07:47 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 lol
In different countries, some options are bundled into "packages" and other options that are part of packages can be ordered separately. With that caveat, here is a list of features/functions I'm glad I have, and some I could do without.

The Good
Leather/Alcantara flat-bottom steering wheel
Digital display (part of Technology package in Canada)
Adaptive Highbeam assist (part of Technology package in Canada; works really well)
Track Pace app (part of Driver's Package)
Love the Alcantara seat centres (don't like leather in a car); warmer in winter cooler in summer
Night Package is a "must" for me; the blacked out bits look great (don't like chrome or shiny bits)
Some pieces of Premium Package I like (most I could do without)
- 360 camera
- 10.25 inch centre display
- foot-activated trunk release

The Bad
Sport exhaust sounds obnoxious and juvenile (wanted the steering wheel that comes with Driver's Package). I NEVER turn it on, and it's only savings grace IMO is it will help with resale. I've owned about 50 sports cars in my life, and this exhaust with those ridiculous farts and pops is the worst sounding of anything I've ever owned. (Yes, I know almost everyone likes it here; each to their own).
Burmester is a pretty underwhelming sound system
Sirius sucks...sounds awful (bad compression) and constantly drops out in the city and mountains
Wireless phone charging is useless (our phones don't fit)
Apple CarPlay, although we have a dozen Apple devices, CarPlay is clunky and at odds with the car's UI
Active parking assist is useless; badly curbed two wheels using it on my last Mercedes
The sunroof has never been opened and never will be; it's a sacrilege IMO putting a sunroof in a sports coupe; you want sky, get a cabrio/convertible.

I'd probably spec the car the same way again given that packages come with things I want but also things I don't, but really wish options were 100% a la carte (the way Porsche does it)

Last edited by gcurnew; 08-15-2019 at 08:50 PM.
PFEAMG (08-15-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 08:01 PM

2017 C43 Sedan
--

Last edited by arnold0523; 08-14-2019 at 08:02 PM. Reason: duplicated post
Old 08-14-2019, 08:02 PM

2017 C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by Tuxdude
It's interesting that Merc is reducing price on an option by $1,000+, which they rarely do and it is not (fully) included in the base price bump. May be they have more parts in their inventory for the final year model of the generation that they would prefer to sell at a lower price rather than not selling them at all? Also the DOGs have pricing and other spec errors at times (commonly), hopefully it's not one of those. BTW, is this true for both C43 and C63/C63S ?
It's for all C class sedan per ordering guide.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:55 AM

'18 Audi A4
Yeah I am ordering a C43, the ordering guide says it's available for C43 as well. So it's weird... Even though these options are readily availble if you use control buttons on center console, I found it's easier to adjust from a steering wheel.
With the knobs on the steering wheel able to switch and control everything on each screen, I feel the dial/touchpad on the center console is a waste. I think many people will still use the center console dial just out of muscle memory since most euros have that setup, but in this case, MB should gradually shift to the steering wheel controls. I played with it during my test drive and it is fairly easy to pick up and good response from my thumb as it glides from screen to screen then to selection.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:57 AM

'18 Audi A4
The multimedia option is still $2300 in this price guide. Unless they update the price later, it is still the same as last year. I do however, agree with some of the people on here who pointed out it is excessive for what you get for it.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:29 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
'19 C43 AMG Coupe
With the knobs on the steering wheel able to switch and control everything on each screen, I feel the dial/touchpad on the center console is a waste. I think many people will still use the center console dial just out of muscle memory since most euros have that setup, but in this case, MB should gradually shift to the steering wheel controls. I played with it during my test drive and it is fairly easy to pick up and good response from my thumb as it glides from screen to screen then to selection.
Yep agreed! I usually use the little pads on the steering wheel. Work really well, for me at least, and makes the other controls somewhat moot. I will say I have used the touch pad to zoom in an out using the nav. But that's about it lol.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:41 AM

'19 C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by gcurnew
In different countries, some options are bundled into "packages" and other options that are part of packages can be ordered separately. With that caveat, here is a list of features/functions I'm glad I have, and some I could do without.

Night Package is a "must" for me; the blacked out bits look great (don't like chrome or shiny bits)
)
Interesting point for those interested in the night package. I didn't get it as I actually like the chrome exhaust and the brushed aluminum bits on the front. But I was told incorrectly after I ordered the car by the dealer that the night package is what blacks out the mirrors, the trim around the windows and the rear diffuser. Even some YouTube videos stated this as well. But thankfully the car comes with all of those parts blacked out. I was thrilled when the car came in and it looked just the way I wanted it.

It's a lower cost option, but still. I'm glad I didn't pay for something I didn't need or want because of miss information from the dealer. Just an fyi to anyone else considering the night package.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:30 PM

'18 Audi A4
MB needs an option to black out all exterior badging. Should be part of night pkg maybe. I'm not a fan of chrome either.
PFEAMG (08-15-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 07:59 PM

2019 AMG C63S
Originally Posted by PFEAMG
Interesting point for those interested in the night package. I didn't get it as I actually like the chrome exhaust and the brushed aluminum bits on the front. But I was told incorrectly after I ordered the car by the dealer that the night package is what blacks out the mirrors, the trim around the windows and the rear diffuser. Even some YouTube videos stated this as well. But thankfully the car comes with all of those parts blacked out. I was thrilled when the car came in and it looked just the way I wanted it.

It's a lower cost option, but still. I'm glad I didn't pay for something I didn't need or want because of miss information from the dealer. Just an fyi to anyone else considering the night package.
For MY 2019 for US, there was one package (AMG Night Package) and two VPC installed options (Black Mirror Housings, Carbon Fiber Look Mirror Housings) related to this. Each one is mutually exclusive with the other three (i.e. you can only order one of the three). At least for the C63/C63S I believe the window trim is chrome if you don't order the Night package.

PFEAMG (08-15-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 09:58 PM

'19 C43 AMG Coupe
For MY 2019 for US, there was one package (AMG Night Package) and two VPC installed options (Black Mirror Housings, Carbon Fiber Look Mirror Housings) related to this. Each one is mutually exclusive with the other three (i.e. you can only order one of the three). At least for the C63/C63S I believe the window trim is chrome if you don't order the Night package.

Yeah, that’s the crazy thing I never ordered any of those lol . Not complaining as it came out exactly as I wanted it but maybe that’s why the dealer thought it was part of some option or package. I did order it right at the very end of the 2019 order window around March 20th. Maybe something changed at that time.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:08 PM

'19 C43 AMG Coupe
MB needs an option to black out all exterior badging. Should be part of night pkg maybe. I'm not a fan of chrome either.
Actually I agree with you (even though I didn’t order it) as I think if they were to offer a night package it should be ALL of the chrome, badges etc. Would look cleaner and more consistent imo.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:40 PM

2019 AMG C63S
Actually I agree with you (even though I didn’t order it) as I think if they were to offer a night package it should be ALL of the chrome, badges etc. Would look cleaner and more consistent imo.
+1. I believe Audi offers such on their RS5. I know it's not too hard to replace them, but just lot of additional work and care needed in general to replace them.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:19 AM

'18 Audi A4
+1. I believe Audi offers such on their RS5. I know it's not too hard to replace them, but just lot of additional work and care needed in general to replace them.
Just about all the domestic brands offer it now, chevy, ford, jeep, dodge so I am surprised as to why when MB offers to black out wheels side mirrors, window trim but no badges. looks out of sync. I've done plastidip on them which ironically, would be way cheaper than paying for the option to black out.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 676 Likes on 533 Posts
c

it changed for 2020. all 2019 have black mirrors caps and window trim. You have to spec night pac for this in 2020
The following 2 users liked this post by alexasa:
PFEAMG (08-16-2019), Tuxdude (08-16-2019)
Old 08-16-2019, 11:46 AM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan '19, Saab 9-3ss '03 Stage7, Saab 900 cabrio '92
Originally Posted by alexasa
it changed for 2020. all 2019 have black mirrors caps and window trim. You have to spec night pac for this in 2020

In Spain it's the same, I noticed that. My order was a 2019, but due the delay end-up being a 2020. One of the changes it's the night package.

As standard the door mirrors are same color as the body, but for 2020 model by standard are black.

In UK I think do not exist the night package at least for 2019 or it was quite limited.

The standard it's all chrome on front splitters, chrome exhaust and window sorrounding. With the night package you make black all the chrome bits, except the rear line in the boot.

regards
Old 08-20-2019, 02:41 PM

2017 C43 Sedan
I am surprised that most of people prefer the night package. To me, I like the chrome on the diffuser. On the other hand, black diffuser looks too low profile. I had night package on my C43 and that's how I feel about them. However, definitely like the mirror and window trim to be all black.
If it cost $300 or so, I would get the night package. However, they made the package $750 as window trim and mirror cover are no longer standard and they are part of the package...I will pass.
PFEAMG (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 04:21 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 AMG C43 Coupe
I bought a 2018 dealer demo which did not come with the PE and I think the car in S+ sounds amazing! It still has subtle farts and pops that I don't find obnoxious. With that said I have never heard a C43 with PE so I have no opinion on how that sounds. If I had the choice and all things being equal, I'm sure I would have taken the car with PE just to have the option. With that said, every time I drive my car in S+ the performance and sound puts a smile on my face still with only stock exhaust.
So for me.... PE is not a deal breaker. For those looking to purchase a C43 already optioned out and come across one without the PE, I suggest at least giving it a drive in S+ and listen for yourself.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:55 PM

'19 C43 AMG Coupe
I am surprised that most of people prefer the night package. To me, I like the chrome on the diffuser. On the other hand, black diffuser looks too low profile. I had night package on my C43 and that's how I feel about them. However, definitely like the mirror and window trim to be all black.
If it cost $300 or so, I would get the night package. However, they made the package $750 as window trim and mirror cover are no longer standard and they are part of the package...I will pass.
I agree, I know we’re in the minority but I like the chrome exhaust tips as well. I also prefer the brushed aluminum bits in the front on the air intakes and splitter. I like the contrast and makes it pop a bit more IMO.

I will say after getting the car I was thrilled the mirrors and trim around the windows were in black. Looks awesome...and if I had to it all over I would pay to have them in that color if it didn’t come that way.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:12 PM

2019 AMG C63S
I agree, I know we’re in the minority but I like the chrome exhaust tips as well. I also prefer the brushed aluminum bits in the front on the air intakes and splitter. I like the contrast and makes it pop a bit more IMO.

I will say after getting the car I was thrilled the mirrors and trim around the windows were in black. Looks awesome...and if I had to it all over I would pay to have them in that color if it didn’t come that way.
I feel it depends on the exterior color. For example with Polar white (and lighter colors), the night package adds a good dark contrast trim and hence makes it stand out. With darker colors (eg. Blue or Black), the brushed aluminum A-wing trim in the front and chrome tips in the rear work better.

I know many of my friends who prefer Black exterior with black trim pieces without any contrast - so many different types of personal preferences

Last edited by Tuxdude; 08-20-2019 at 11:18 PM.
PFEAMG (08-21-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 10:56 PM

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts
C 43
LOL ! In my house, we refer to the PE as douchebag function, pronounced "Doooouuccchebag Function" in my worst NYC/Beastie Boys accent. I wish off meant NO pops, because even quiet, you don't want to pop-pop as you pass the texting minivan drivers or self appointed speed police. I will occasionally turn it on to show off, but generally it's a meh option. I'd re program it silent in off.... The Dynamic select determines the pops and crackles, the PE is "loud or soft". Had I known that I might have passed on PE, especially as there appears no HP difference.

Agreed- Carplay may be the most over rated thing ever-although a wire connection for music still sounds better than bluetooth. The nav system is decent-you cannot always rely on a web connection to pull a map. The MB system does real time update road conditions, not as much as, say Waze, but also less annoying sometimes.

I miss the simple parking sensors-I didn't buy the active parking package but simple sensors have been around since the 80's but are only included with the full package. Boo ! I didn't order self park or Distronic, and have no regrets there.

The car is both very fast and in cruise gets 28 mpg highway....
I tried to delete option the sunroof, but since ALL c class get at least the small one, no way to do this. A guy at the dealer was surprised this oddball car didn't have the full roof, and was even more surprised when I told him I didn't want ANY roof.

Runflats are horrible, this has been well covered elsewhere. I think the wheels aren't as soft as everyone thinks, but the RFT don't absorb anything so all the forces end up on the metal. I'll know more when the RFT's are worn out - and regular tires are installed. I took the base 18 inch wheels, in my area 19 or, like some people are trying for, c63 wheels or 20 inches, would just be paying school tuition for my local garagekeeper's kids. As it is, I take my SUV to NYC and leave baby home.

I'm happy I got the one year only Emerald Green. With the blackout package the car is understated in a no nonsense kind of way. At a distance it doesn't stand out from the pack too much. I like the colorshifting this paint does.

I didn't do the HUD, I've had them in other cars and find it distracting and it conflicts with polarized glasses, so like lane departure warnings and active cruise I tend to turn them off, so I didn't buy. Overall the top media system is good, I know folks always want better, but the Burmeister system is good enough for my hearing...

I wish the amazingly good active lights were allowed in the US to do the full beam forming....but that's a minor quibble. Don't leave the dealer without the uprated lighting.

I'm glad I got the normal seats, it is a daily driver-normal seats are great, I have a race seat in my race car.

I didn't get ventilated seats, carbon fiber accents for anything, or the uprated leather, I actually preferred the base seating materials. I once ordered a BMW with black microfiber interior, not in the US catalog (but they allowed the order anyway). Over ten years later, those seats were still in very good condition.

Wheel - Love the steampunk silver wheel. I got it with perforated leather, Alcantara is pretty and good in a racing car, but won't stand up to Daily Driver nonsense for long. I passed up the heated wheel option for this. Choices.

The colored interior lights are fun, not necessary, but fun.

I didn't order the video game dash, the minor differences it allowed (map on screen) didn't push me over the edge , I did order track pack, which is nice.

The ESP in normal mode is too intrusive...I have individual mode program the ESP in sport, transaxle sport +, exhaust in quiet, and upshift via the paddles when the car holds gear too long, like when you get to cruising speed on a highway.

I wish you could get the car to stay in the last used mode, instead of reverting to comfort every time. I'd also like to leave steering in Sport all the time and be able to split the throttle mapping and transmission settings.

Other than the runflats sucking so comprehensively I love the car and would do it the same way again. You can commute in comfort but when the moment comes, you can take anything short of a very few late model dedicated sports cars.

You also get the AMG tech. I love the suspension....in Sport + there is a lot going on....

Last edited by speedlaw; 09-01-2019 at 12:32 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SPEC REGRETS?