Sponsored by:

New custom order question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 12:32 AM

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
G37
New custom order question

So after long debate of a Audi s4 or BMW I finally settled on the c43 and put in a order. But not much detail from my sales advisor when I ask on updates.

First I called after 2 weeks and he said he won’t know a build date for at least a month as the HUD is on back order. So I waited and then pinned him. He said he is waiting on a PO.

anyone happen to know what is the process and steps you hear when checking on order and what they mean? Also my order says 2020 c43 but I dont see them even selling them in the US yet.

can’t wait as my 2011 g37 which I love but is now almost at 100k is running low on threads. Still runs like a new car but time to change.
Old 08-18-2019, 02:00 AM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Current: 2019 C43 Old: 2016 C450
once you spec and order they'll give you a PO. Build date is estimated and depends on what you ordered. I know the HUD is always back ordered and in limited quantities. I opted out of that since it would put another month or two on the wait. Once the build starts, they usually update you and then another update when it's done. Then they'll let you know when it's being shipped and estimated time of arrival. My sales person couldn't check where in the process of the build it was but only when it was started and finished.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:06 PM

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
G37
Thanks. Was debating to drop the hud also but everyone is saying I did a custom order to get what I want and truly there was only three things I wanted that I could not find in the lot and the HUD was one. If I take that out then why custom. So guess I am being forced to keep it . Can’t wait.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by nishalp
Thanks. Was debating to drop the hud also but everyone is saying I did a custom order to get what I want and truly there was only three things I wanted that I could not find in the lot and the HUD was one. If I take that out then why custom. So guess I am being forced to keep it . Can’t wait.
I have the HUD. I have completely tuned it out at this point. It's a nice novelty to demonstrate to folks that haven't seen it, but it doesn't display any information that I can't get elsewhere.

But, if you're committed to getting it, go for it.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:00 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
'18 Audi A4
I have a 2020 order also and selected HUD. I've had cars with it and to a point, depending on what you can place on it, it is useful. I also selected the 12.3 digital display which you can customize as well and I'm now thinking it might be overkill. Unless you can customize the HUD to say, display Gs as you corner or some other telemetry that would be useful to keep your eyes on the road like possibly projecting the track pace map data and the coming turns on a track. I'll have to see but that is what I'm initially thinking. I am not going to drop from my build but that is my initial assessment. Can someone else chime in on that?
Old 08-19-2019, 08:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 675 Likes on 532 Posts
c
if you intend to drive the car in manual - hud would be nice as if you overrun the car to high in the revs it fuel cuts and bogs down

if you don't drive the car in manual i'd probably pass on hud

and you don't need hud for better manual shifting - it will just cut the learning curve of when to shift in half and potential errors of revving to high
Old 08-19-2019, 08:31 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 AMG C43 Sedan
So after long debate of a Audi s4 or BMW I finally settled on the c43 and put in a order. But not much detail from my sales advisor when I ask on updates.

First I called after 2 weeks and he said he won’t know a build date for at least a month as the HUD is on back order. So I waited and then pinned him. He said he is waiting on a PO.

anyone happen to know what is the process and steps you hear when checking on order and what they mean? Also my order says 2020 c43 but I dont see them even selling them in the US yet.

can’t wait as my 2011 g37 which I love but is now almost at 100k is running low on threads. Still runs like a new car but time to change.
This is the type of info I got from my dealership when I requested the status of my order on my '19 sedan that I ordered last year.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 C43
Heres my build, I was told the new 2020 c coupe no longer has the Cabin Atomizer, possibly its now standard? I also heard the LED door sills are now standard as well. Can anyone confirm?
Old 08-19-2019, 11:37 PM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
Originally Posted by Matthew Flynn
Heres my build, I was told the new 2020 c coupe no longer has the Cabin Atomizer, possibly its now standard? I also heard the LED door sills are now standard as well. Can anyone confirm?
Not sure about atomizer, but based on the C-Class Coupe MY2020 dealer guide (from few months ago) - the 64-color ambient lighting and AMG illuminated door sills are standard starting with MY2020. It also looks like a new advanced alarm, new key design are also part of MY2020 standard options. They have also moved black window trims and mirror housings as part of AMG Night package (in MY2019 these two were black even if you did not order the AMG Night package).

Last edited by Tuxdude; 08-19-2019 at 11:40 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Matthew Flynn (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 01:26 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
'19 C43 AMG Coupe

Congrats on the new order. The waiting does suck, but it is worth the wait. Regarding your model year my 2019 order was one of the last ones to get in because the 2019 order window was closed by the end or March. So yes if you ordered your car after April 1st I would think you are getting a 2020.

Below is what my experience was to at least use as a basis of comparison for windows of time etc:

3/20- I ordered a '2019 coupe on March 20th from a dealer in New Jersey. (car to be built in Germany)
3/22-A few days later the dealer informed me that the car would be built during the 1st decade of June.
5/22-On May 22nd the dealer sent me a screen shot from their "Nerstar" system that the car would be built on June 10th
6/8- Dealer informed the car was actually built on June 6th
6/14- Dealer informed me the ship with my car was slated to dock in Baltimore on June 23rd
6/26- (my wedding anniversary haha) the dealer called to tell me the car arrived at the dealership

All in all is was 14 weeks from the time I ordered to delivery. I was expecting 16 or more weeks, so I was thrilled.

Hope you get some answers soon.
Baldur! (08-29-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 06:02 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
BMW
This waiting is killing me!!! I’ve watched every C43 video on Youtube and read pretty much the entire C450/C43 AMG forum section!

I ordered my 2019 wagon at the end of March (actual order was received by Mercedes on April 1). I got bumped to model year 2020 and I still do not have the delivery date. Last I was told was August 26, but that’s not happening. My sales guys said that he should have new delivery date sometime in September… Yeah, he will have just the delivery date, not the car. So I’m setting my expectations that I will get the car sometime at the end of September – beginning of October.
The following 2 users liked this post by buco:
Baldur! (08-29-2019), PFEAMG (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 09:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
1985 300d
I've also watched every video I can find. My wife just rolls her eyes. . The latest update I got was that my 2020 wagon was B5 status which apparently means built and to be put on the boat to Halifax within 10 days. I would suspect it would be the in the first lot of 2020's coming over. Who knows how long it will sit in the port at Halifax. I hope by the end of September it's here.
The following 2 users liked this post by Strat89:
Baldur! (08-29-2019), PFEAMG (08-20-2019)
Old 08-21-2019, 09:34 AM

BMW
Hahaha,.. I’m the exact same way.
Recently I looked at the google earth to see the plant in Bremen and how the cars would be loaded on the train... and how far is Bremen from Bremerhaven, which is the port from where the car will be shipped (based on my research). It’s very close.
My car was also in B5 status when I checked with my dealer (Maple Mercedes) back on July 16th.

Here are all of the production codes if anyone is interested:

A4 FINAL SUPPLIER ORDER/SCHEDULED NOT PRODUCED
B0 19 DAYS TO PRODUCTION
B1 13 DAYS TO PRODUCTION
B3 NO CHANGES POSSIBLE
B4 2 DAYS TO COMPLETION
B5 PRODUCTION COMPLETE
B7 AT PORT/READY TO BE SHIPPED
B8 ASSIGNED TO SHIP
C1 SHIP DEPARTED
C2 SHIP NOTIFICATION/ON WQTER
CS SUMITTED TO CUSTOMS
C3 CLEARED CUSTOMS
C4 AT PORT
D1 VPC RECEIVED
D2 SURVEYED AT VPC
D3 POTENTIAL DELAY
D4 READY TO DELIVER
D5 RELEASED TO CARRIER
D9 WHOLESALE/CONSIGNMENT PENDING
F1 WHOLESALED AND INVOICED
I1 RETAIL
Old 08-21-2019, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,825 Likes on 2,557 Posts
2019 C63CS
OP, once the order is in the system, there should be a PO. If your sales guy is waiting on a PO, that would mean the order hasn't been placed in the system yet. It's usually somebody else at the dealership that places the actual order. It's also possible that your dealership doesn't have an available allocation at the moment.

Did you order a coupe/cab or sedan? The sedan is manufactured in Alabama, USA for the North American markets, so there will be no overseas shipping involved. The coupe and cabs are made in Bremen, Germany and yes are shipped out of Bremerhaven, which actually belongs to Bremen as a side note.

One of the things to be aware of, since yours is a 2020, is that the 2020 hasn't been released yet. Production has started, but they first need to be released and certified before they get delivered to customers. The cars will sit around and wait at the VPC/port until their official release. The release is expected for end of Q3, beginning of Q4, so most likely don't expect to receive the car before October/November, even if it gets built much earlier.
The following 2 users liked this post by superswiss:
Baldur! (08-29-2019), buco (08-28-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 09:07 AM

BMW
Originally Posted by superswiss
OP, once the order is in the system, there should be a PO. If your sales guy is waiting on a PO, that would mean the order hasn't been placed in the system yet. It's usually somebody else at the dealership that places the actual order. It's also possible that your dealership doesn't have an available allocation at the moment.

Did you order a coupe/cab or sedan? The sedan is manufactured in Alabama, USA for the North American markets, so there will be no overseas shipping involved. The coupe and cabs are made in Bremen, Germany and yes are shipped out of Bremerhaven, which actually belongs to Bremen as a side note.

One of the things to be aware of, since yours is a 2020, is that the 2020 hasn't been released yet. Production has started, but they first need to be released and certified before they get delivered to customers. The cars will sit around and wait at the VPC/port until their official release. The release is expected for end of Q3, beginning of Q4, so most likely don't expect to receive the car before October/November, even if it gets built much earlier.
Excellent information! Makes total sense! Thank you very much superswiss
Old 08-28-2019, 12:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2014 ML350, 2019 C43

I ordered a 2020 C43 sedan back in April. It was built in July and has been sitting in Vance since then. My dealer tells me my vehicle is priority 1 and will be delivered as soon as MB officially releases the C43, but for now, I'm still waiting.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:57 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 C43 AMG Coupe
First of all "Hello" and "Thank You" to all Members! I've been reading this forum since March when I started to think about ordering C43 Coupe...

Finally, I did it and it seems that I'm in similar situation like you - my car has been built, but it still waits in Germany for...not sure what, but I guess it is a homologation of emissions according to new EU regulations...

I have no information about ETA, I guess it can happen today or... even in 1 year. I would be really grateful if someone can provide more insights about this topic.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:08 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
'18 Audi A4
Welp! I was told by my dealer earlier this month that by the end of this month I should receive more details on my order. Mind you this is for a sedan, so it is built here in the US in Alabama. Nothing yet, I am giving them the opportunity to hold their end of the bargain before I come in knocking.
Baldur! (08-29-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 11:14 AM

2020 C43 AMG Coupe
Fingers crossed for good news coming from them!
Old 08-29-2019, 11:18 AM

2020 C43 AMG Coupe
I guess you cannot reveal the source of this information, but in scale of 1 to 10, how sure are you it is the case? Beware - I'll go nuts if tell me it is more than 3 .
Old 08-29-2019, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Originally Posted by Baldur!
I guess you cannot reveal the source of this information, but in scale of 1 to 10, how sure are you it is the case? Beware - I'll go nuts if tell me it is more than 3 .
History is his source. Everyone went through this with custom orders for '18 and '19 MY's.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,825 Likes on 2,557 Posts
2019 C63CS
Hehe...yes, history is my source. It's how it works. Things seem to have started to move, though. The following was posted recently, but as you can see the C Class AMG models are not on the list yet. Only the 2020 C300 has been released so far. Not sure if the C43 will be released earlier, but folks over in the C63 forum with 2020 orders are being told to expect theirs in October. We won't know for sure until they are released. Could be sooner or could be later.

Old 08-29-2019, 01:51 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts
2019 AMG C43 Sedan
I promise as October/November comes and goes, you'll get frustrated, but the wait is well worth it. Just be prepared for that wait. Source: my custom order last year.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:18 PM

2020 C43 AMG Coupe
Many thanks to all of you for additional information and encouraging words! I'm sure the wait is well worth it, but currently the problem is not only with the wait itself - I already sold my previous car as I was told by the dealer, that the new one will be there. Production was originally planned for June, then July, finally the car has been built last week and now this...

Additionally, I'm afraid that this time release may take longer, due to more strict and much longer emission homologation process, as it seems C-class will now conform to euro 6d-temp-evap-isc standard. And this may cause delays, as described for example here: https://www.globalfleet.com/en/new-e...ogation-delays.

I hope it will not be so bad, especially seeing C300 already released (thanks again for that info!).

BTW - how much storage space they must have to keep the cars built during let's say 3 months? Amazing .
Old 10-02-2019, 09:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
1985 300d
Finally have an update on my order. Currently on the Morning Calypso which appears to be docked in Sweden. Expected to dock in Halifax on the 17th. I assume any other Canadians here might be on the same boat. My 2020 Wagon was originally supposed to be a mid August to late September delivery.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New custom order question