Sponsored by:

Transmission Software Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 01:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 c43
Transmission Software Update

Went in for a service on my 2019 c43 coupe and they said that there was a transmission software update. After the update I feel the car has lost lower end power. I always drive in sport and it doesnt quite push forward as it did before anymore .It stays in gear for a lot longer for the downshift as well. It was in 5th gear while the car was rolling at 35km/hr at times. Is this normal? It definitely doesn't feel the same as before I brought it in.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
You may need to re-adapt the transmission to your driving style. The transmission and algorithms adapt to your inputs. After the software update, the slate was wiped clean and now the transmission is "learning" again.

Go out and drive how you normally drive and see if the behavior improves.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:27 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 AMG Coupe
Do you happen to have the xentry printout from that service? I have the same car that's exhibiting jerky shifting and the unsafe bouncing back and forth between 2nd/3rd gear and brought it in since you mentioned there was an update. They didn't find any updates though for: "Transmission control for 9-speed transmission", "Control unit 'Powertrain'", or "Motor electronics 'MED177V6LA' for combustion engine 'M276 Turbocharger'".
Old 09-13-2019, 02:10 AM

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Originally Posted by 43604
Went in for a service on my 2019 c43 coupe and they said that there was a transmission software update. After the update I feel the car has lost lower end power. I always drive in sport and it doesnt quite push forward as it did before anymore .It stays in gear for a lot longer for the downshift as well. It was in 5th gear while the car was rolling at 35km/hr at times. Is this normal? It definitely doesn't feel the same as before I brought it in.
I felt the exact same way after getting my car back from service 2 days ago. Car felt sluggish, like it was slower off the line.

The service guy said they updated the 9G software but that there was no Engine Software available. But their print out says they DID update the engine software.

Since getting my car back, after the software updates, the car is cold starting every hour basically. Before it would only gold start if the car was sitting (un-driven) for 5 or so hours. Now it will cold start every 1 hour. But the engine temp goes down way way faster. Like it could be 98c after driving then in 1 hour its 65c. I do not recall it being that way before. The cold start is annoying AF but atleast the car seems to be running cooler.

I cannot fully discern the patchnotes but it seems the Engine software update is directly related to the cold start.

As for the 9g-Tronic update, I cannot understand how it is written. I dont know which was my old software version vs new. It also does not say what it updates or if it was even updated at all on the XENTRY printout. The engine software though, clearly says it was updated and what is supposed to be resolved.

Here are mine.

Last edited by waisoserious; 09-13-2019 at 02:16 AM.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:18 AM

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Sorry I think i see it now.

The 1st print out says the Engine ELECTRONICS software was updated with what it resolves. It also says the 9G Tranny was updated but no patchnotes.

It also says in the middle that there was no new ECU software.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 c43
I didnt get a xentry paper when they updated it. I will request one today.

[edit] MB doesnt give out xentry papers up here in Canada. The dealership said it was confidential. They dont even know what is updated in the software but said it was only 10% of the file

I also brought it in to have it checked out and they said everything seemed normal. Engine, transmission scans. Turbo was fine.

I still feel like this isnt the same car.

Can someone confirm when their car shifts gears and the average rpm it stays around?

in Comfort mine goes down to 1k rpm, I kind of feel the engine applies brakes to get down to this level.
in Sport it slows down to about 1500 rpm when Im off the throttle.

Before the flash sport would sit around 2k rpm and would shift gears faster.

Last edited by 43604; 09-16-2019 at 06:14 PM.