Advice needed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 03:37 AM

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts
C43 AMG
Advice needed!

Hi Guys,

I own a c43 amg. I do not get it serviced by Mercedes here in Sydney. The car is serviced by a very reputable independent every 10,000kms. Less than 20,000kms ago he noticed a leak which seems to be coming from the front transfer case.

I took it to my local dealer and there response was "normal vapour from breather?" they wiped it down and sent me packing.

My warranty is ending in 1 month, so i had it serviced by the independent again and asked him to check up on the "repair".

I find this.

I rang mercedes benz customer service and they lodged the complaint. I then received a very rude call from the service team who it originally went to saying things like

"you service your car outside of the dealer network"
"if your car is leaking oil, why havent you come back since april" (because i didn't need to service the car since april lol)
"why did you complain to mercedes and not call us?" (because i spent over 30 mins on hold 3 times)

Has anyone had a similar issue and what was the correct repair?

Thanks
Dave
Old 09-11-2019, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
They're pissed they missed out on all service work you took elsewhere. If you're under warranty and have the records to prove the service you've had completed was to spec, stand your ground and demand it be addressed above the dealer level.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:45 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
Not sure about the law down under but here in the US you are allowed to get your car serviced by an independent shop without voiding the warranty. If it's the same where you are then the dealer is obligated to do the repair. If need to go to MB.
The following users liked this post:
RichardCranium3 (09-13-2019)