'18 C43 sedan vs '18 GLA 45

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 03:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SLK 350 2008
'18 C43 sedan vs '18 GLA 45

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the best place to start this thread but I'm debating between these two cars, both in face-lift form . Price wise the C class is around 20% more expensive considering command and Performance exhaust is a must have.

I've just tested both today and while the 43 is more loud and violent on upshifts, even in sport plus I could feel the body roll. Both cars were running in 19 inch rims but the GLA had taller sidewalls, still it felt more planted and more enjoyable to toss around the twisties.

I like the hatchback design for it's practicality and has a slightly more out of the ordinary appeal compared to the sedan shape of the C43 but I'm just wondering if I'm missing something as for less money the GLA is pretty much fully specd like full alcantara and leather on the inside while something similar in the C is considerably more expensive for which I'm not sure if it's worth stretching for.

Thanks in advance,
Bogdan

Last edited by Bogdan; 09-19-2019 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 676 Likes on 533 Posts
c
GLA interior is actual ricer trash imo lol

if you don't mind that then it seems as if you've made up your mind.

with a few mods the c43 is a machine. and usually people get them 10-15% off msrp
Old 09-19-2019, 04:19 PM

SLK 350 2008
First to mention, I'm buying used in Europe but I take your point on the interior difference, still, can't judge this as trash :

As for improving stock, I'm not chasing purely for HP numbers, I was being honest that I felt the C showing its weight or don't know why outside of the lovely exhaust it was pretty plain. I wanted to feel the opposite but after driving them I'm asking you guys what else I could be missing here?
Old 09-20-2019, 05:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 lol
GLA 45 is WAY more unique than C43...plus it has fold down back seats that provide a ton of carrying capacity, if that's of value to you. I had a GLA 250 as a winter beater, and while there was nothing upscale about it (no leather or sunroof it was screwed together exceptionally well. As well as my 2019 C43.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:05 PM

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts
2004 E55 K Wagon &. '96 SL500
The facelift C43 interior with the digital display and wider centre screen, is a much nicer and better quality interior than the last gen A Class / GLA interior. Remember that's now been replaced as the new A Class is out with a far more advanced infotainment.
The GLA is much cheaper and less comfortable to ride in, in comfort mode is it stiffer than a C43 with higher NVH levels.
The M276 of course sounds far nicer and also responds well to a tune.
If you're in Europe luckily you can order a C43 Wagon like I have and the best of Worlds with a bigger boot than the GLA , with similar or better performance whilst having more tech and comfort.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:15 PM

SLK 350 2008
Originally Posted by AhEmGee
The facelift C43 interior with the digital display and wider centre screen, is a much nicer and better quality interior than the last gen A Class / GLA interior. Remember that's now been replaced as the new A Class is out with a far more advanced infotainment.
The GLA is much cheaper and less comfortable to ride in, in comfort mode is it stiffer than a C43 with higher NVH levels.
The M276 of course sounds far nicer and also responds well to a tune.
If you're in Europe luckily you can order a C43 Wagon like I have and the best of Worlds with a bigger boot than the GLA , with similar or better performance whilst having more tech and comfort.
What's funny that the C43 was a wagon but was lacking appeal compared to the GLA. And what was even more striking was the how confortable the GLA in sport, unmatched even if the C43 was left in conform. As I've mentioned above I fault this for the taller sidewalls on the hatchback but on the sound department, while the 2 litere sound nice and has amazing pops and bangs, the V6 with performance exhaust is down right amazing.