Sponsored by:

Crazy License Plate Screws- Minor Rear-End Accident

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 07:55 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
19E450A, 16C450W4, 16RRS SC Dynamic, etc
Crazy License Plate Screws- Minor Rear-End Accident

I thought I'd share a photo of my rear bumper cover after my C450 was hit -- twice -- by a woman on Tuesday whose car had the craziest license plate screws I've ever seen in my life. I know these screw impacts are probably very typical, but I wish I got a photo of her license plate screws! They were like the spikes you see coming from the wheels of semi-trucks, but in screw form.

A little back story: we were both stopped at a stoplight, and the woman behind me mistook the gas for the brake, hit me once, and then did it again (and hit the car again).

I will be sad to be without the C450 for a bit, but I've been driving the 19E450 Cabriolet yesterday and today (flew down to Florida the morning after I got hit for family/work reasons), and WOW I forgot how much I love that car! It is so different from my C450 in that it's a luxury car with a hint of sport and is still able to take a corner, but dear lord driving in that car with the top down in Comfort mode at night is one of the best and most relaxing experiences ever. Music playing... It's amazing. Maybe, if I want a mix of both, an E53 is in the cards...

Sorry if I go over overboard on the photos -- I love photography -- I took a bunch on my phone last night, and while I haven't edited them, I reduced the size and sometimes added very slight watermarks and thought as I wrote this post that I'd share them here.

Photos of the C450 damage:

Photos of the E450 Cab:

I don't normally park like this -- I just wanted the photo and there was nobody around who needed to park so I snapped this really quick!

Last edited by cjaredscott; 10-17-2019 at 09:59 PM.