C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 2020 Releases are underway......ask me how I know???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 11:53 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 C43 Estate
The 2020 Releases are underway......ask me how I know???

Hi All,

Like many on the site, I've been lurking around for a few months (ahem "7") trying to soak up as much knowledge about these cars and the 205 body/platform as I can in anticipation of my first tri-star, and I have to say after all the reviews, videos, blogs and forum posts, I'm excited and terrified of this car at the same time!! LOL I just want to say "hi" and thanks for all of your insights, indirectly. My purchase journey, that started way back in Feb of this year when I saw the car at the NAIAS in Toronto, Canada, would have been one of sheer frustration and agony (which I'll be happy to share on another post), had I not read about the scarcity and challenge of ordering this car, from all of your previous exploits. It's nice to see that for most of you it was worth the wait!

Nevertheless, I can verify that the 2020 releases have begun to happen here in Canada as my SA called me on Tuesday Oct 29 when my car arrived from Halifax, it was on the Morning Calypso from Germany (as another poster noted). I'd love to show you all my car, but I'm going to be delayed in picking it up for a couple of weeks, so someone else will be posting pics of their 2020 before I get to! So to all the other people waiting to get behind the wheel of their new twin turbo chariot, stay the course......that glorious call is coming, and the wait is almost over!!!

More posts to follow........

Regards,
Joe
Old 11-01-2019, 09:19 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
BMW
Hey Joe! I ordered my wagon on March 30th.... and it is finally in Toronto area. On Tuesday I finished up the financing and now I am waiting for the dealer (Maple Mercedes) to call me to pick up the car. This last bit of waiting is total TORTURE! They can call me in the next 5 minutes or some time next week... LOL. I feel like a 6 year old!

I was between V60, C300 Wagon and Audi Allroad until i found out that C43 Wagon is being sold... Well, there is no competition to that car so my decision was easy. BMW 3 series wagon is not coming to Canada, but M340 wagon would be nice.
The following users liked this post:
Joe_Grind (11-01-2019)
Old 11-01-2019, 05:48 PM

Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts
2018 C43
Originally Posted by buco
Hey Joe! I ordered my wagon on March 30th.... and it is finally in Toronto area. On Tuesday I finished up the financing and now I am waiting for the dealer (Maple Mercedes) to call me to pick up the car. This last bit of waiting is total TORTURE! They can call me in the next 5 minutes or some time next week... LOL. I feel like a 6 year old!

I was between V60, C300 Wagon and Audi Allroad until i found out that C43 Wagon is being sold... Well, there is no competition to that car so my decision was easy. BMW 3 series wagon is not coming to Canada, but M340 wagon would be nice.
Nice! Just got the rear brake pads and new battery put in at Maple MB yesterday. All under warranty. Good people there.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:02 PM

2020 C43 Estate
Originally Posted by buco

Hey buco, you're absolutely right, the last bit is definitely the hardest! That's actually pretty ironic as I almost got mine from Maple as well. There was dealer closer to me, but I found out I had a connection there I could have gone to, after making a pretty good deal where I ended up!

I went through so many cars in comparison as well: the top four runners up in no particular order.......V60 (found the car sluggish and slow off the line and the engine sounded tinny and noisy), G70 3.3T (great inline speed and solid performer, but too cramped in the rear and small trunk), BMW 440ixdrive GC (loved this car as well, but feature set was a bit dated and the back doors were tiny) and because BMW not only made their wagon only in the 330 trim (not enough power), but are discontinuing wagon sales in Canada as of 2019MY, that was a total fail!!

I can't wait to see your pics!! Hopefully you get that call today or early next week!!!
Old 11-02-2019, 04:49 PM

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
G37
Looks like they will release on website this weekend. Still can’t build or get to this page from main navigation.

https://www.mbusa.com/en/vehicles/mo...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited by nishalp; 11-02-2019 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:07 PM

2020 C43 Estate
Well the wait is finally over!!

I picked her up on Friday and it's been FAN-DAMN-TASTIC!!!!!! Even though I've been gently breaking her in according to spec, the feeling you get in this car with just the comfort and taughtness of the platform is amazing! The ride is firm in Comfort, but not as unbearable as some have made it out to be. I like it as it is. Still learning her ins and outs, but I'm pleased 100%. For those who are still waiting...I hope yours comes soon.

Here are a few quick pics from Friday. As you can see, there's snow where I am, so she's already been fitted with a new set of winter shoes, and ready to go!!! AMG FTW!!

The following 5 users liked this post by Joe_Grind:
Baldur! (11-19-2019), brakingbad (11-18-2019), drpaulg (11-20-2019), DylanM (11-19-2019), mattmorley (11-19-2019)
Old 11-18-2019, 11:29 PM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
Congrats!
The following users liked this post:
Joe_Grind (11-19-2019)