Sponsored by:

Downpipe or not

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 11:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
c450amg
Downpipe or not

Hi guys I just decided to buy armytrix catless on awe touring. But after digging for some threads, seems some says for our car the turbo restrictions will exist even after code dele. The only way is to get a flush. That’s kinda wired imo since without code on ecu or any mechanical hold, catless gonna have lower back pressure which means higher boost could load = hp gain. I hope it work like this, definitely don’t wanna get a flush tune since I just got jb4 and they are great considering warranty i still got.
what do you guys think? Does anyone have catless on and loss power?
Old 11-27-2019, 11:35 AM

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
'19 C43
Originally Posted by david dai
Hi guys I just decided to buy armytrix catless on awe touring. But after digging for some threads, seems some says for our car the turbo restrictions will exist even after code dele. The only way is to get a flush. That’s kinda wired imo since without code on ecu or any mechanical hold, catless gonna have lower back pressure which means higher boost could load = hp gain. I hope it work like this, definitely don’t wanna get a flush tune since I just got jb4 and they are great considering warranty i still got.
what do you guys think? Does anyone have catless on and loss power?
Where are you located (which country/nation)? If you are in the U.S., then the JB4 will not clear or block the check engine light that you will get with a downpipe installed. Some of the flash tunes will suppress the check engine light that comes with a downpipe. A catless or high-flow catted downpipe will reduce backpressure and allow for the potential for more power from the car, if a proper tune is done with the downpipe installed. Simply throwing a downpipe on this particular car doesn't seem to make power without a tune to go along with it. Never seen anyone post logs of this (though they might exist and I've missed it somewhere), but generally cars that don't gain power after downpipes are installed, or even lose power, comes from fuel demands that go outside acceptable range, timing pulls, and throttle closures.

In my personal opinion, the cost of the downpipes for this car are simply not worth the fairly modest power gains to be had from them.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
c450amg
I’m in Canada, yeah I agree even with tune dp
for this car can’t do much, and it’s fairly expensive.but idk if anyone get the turbo upgrade for this car, maybe with that dp would be more important.
also true to get a tune first otherwise the ecu would still think “I’m stock , do what stock cars do ”
No idea how much gain with piggyback like jb4 + dp. I’ll only take it as a prepare for further mods.
Originally Posted by GuardianVA
Where are you located (which country/nation)? If you are in the U.S., then the JB4 will not clear or block the check engine light that you will get with a downpipe installed. Some of the flash tunes will suppress the check engine light that comes with a downpipe. A catless or high-flow catted downpipe will reduce backpressure and allow for the potential for more power from the car, if a proper tune is done with the downpipe installed. Simply throwing a downpipe on this particular car doesn't seem to make power without a tune to go along with it. Never seen anyone post logs of this (though they might exist and I've missed it somewhere), but generally cars that don't gain power after downpipes are installed, or even lose power, comes from fuel demands that go outside acceptable range, timing pulls, and throttle closures.

In my personal opinion, the cost of the downpipes for this car are simply not worth the fairly modest power gains to be had from them.