Sponsored by:

Looking for a C43 & advice!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 02:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C43 Coupe
Question Looking for a C43 & advice!

So after a long time of searching and looking into the BMW m4 and 981 Porsche Cayman, I'm starting to lean heavily into a 2017 c43 amg coupe only (this will be my first car so I'm very excited and fortunate), I'm looking at keeping under $35,000. I've found a few on car gurus and eBay etc. around that price but id much rather get one from someone in these forums than a random dealer because we all hate dealerships. Not looking into any options obviously the more the better, performance exhaust, comfort packages, etc. would be great but I am aware the budget is tight, id be waiting until mid-February to buy it but if I could find one now that would save me a lot of stress. Any help and advice I could get for purchase and just the car, in general, would be great! I am happy to hopefully soon be one of you!
Old 01-10-2020, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 194 Likes on 167 Posts
16 E550 Cab, 2003 Ram bright red crewcab 4x4 we call Clifford :)
https://mbworld.org/forums/market/ve...nsmission%5D=0

C43's in our marketplace....

Old 01-11-2020, 01:25 AM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
A Benz and a BMW
Originally Posted by Nico00
So after a long time of searching and looking into the BMW m4 and 981 Porsche Cayman, I'm starting to lean heavily into a 2017 c43 amg coupe only (this will be my first car so I'm very excited and fortunate), I'm looking at keeping under $35,000. I've found a few on car gurus and eBay etc. around that price but id much rather get one from someone in these forums than a random dealer because we all hate dealerships. Not looking into any options obviously the more the better, performance exhaust, comfort packages, etc. would be great but I am aware the budget is tight, id be waiting until mid-February to buy it but if I could find one now that would save me a lot of stress. Any help and advice I could get for purchase and just the car, in general, would be great! I am happy to hopefully soon be one of you!
1) If you even have a small part of you that wants the performance exhaust, then you absolutely have to get it. If you haven't experienced it in person yet, make sure you do so before committing to a car that doesn't have it.

2) Test drive a few C43's to make sure you aren't stepping in to a machine that's been taken through the ringer. Spending a few years on this forum has led me to believe that most people hammer the hell out of these cars. As much as these engines are meant to take a beating, wear and tear introduces artificially fast on any machines when they're abused. Frequent oil changes are not enough to offset the damage done to a machine that hasn't been treated well. May not show now, but it will be more apparent a few years down the road when components are falling apart.

3) Put aside a tire / rim budget. Unless you can get a tire and rim warranty through your dealer, or you live somewhere where the roads are pristine, you'll be forking out money for new tires and rims more often than you'd expect. The car has pretty trashy ride quality on pretty much any set up. Swapping out to non-rft's, like MPS4S's will make a bit of a difference, but ride quality still suffers behind major competitors like the 440i.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C43 Coupe
I really appreciate the response! I definitely am gonna need that performance exhaust then, my dads got some nice german engineering and I at least want to be able to compare in sound! I have planned to buy some 4S' once again.
Thanks for the help!