Sponsored by:

Airbox Temp Removal Help JB4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 06:56 PM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
C43
Airbox Temp Removal Help JB4

The title probably doesn' make complete sense, but TLDR: do I have to unplug the intake from the turbo (the actual flex pipe, not the snorkel) to lift the airbox up or is the connecting pipe flexible enough to just lift up?

I plugged in the JB4 green wire successfully. The thing is way more hidden than the other two wires. To get under the airbox I followed the BMS air intake instructions up to the point the airbox was out, plugged it in and put everything back together.

It was honestly a real pain as intake->turbo seal was really dry and I didn't have any sort of lube available, but I got it off and then back in. Problem is, I don't think the green connector is flush as the turbo is not sitting as flush as it was with the engine. It's probably a 1/8 inch higher than it used to be. The engine cover goes back on properly and I took the thing for a decent spin and no issues, but it bothers me and there's no telling if it's squishing against something it shouldn't and over time will cause problems. I don't want to have to take it all apart again though. So if I disconnect the sensor and snorkel can I just lift the box up and out? (I know I could "try" but I'm strong enough to definitely succeed whether I break stuff along the way or not)
Old 01-19-2020, 12:28 AM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 152 Likes on 109 Posts
2018 C63 Sedan
I don't quote understand the question but the option fuel pressure connector is under the airbox and fairly easy to reach. Photos of what you're looking at where it doesn't seem flush?
Old 01-19-2020, 02:43 AM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by BMS
I don't quote understand the question but the option fuel pressure connector is under the airbox and fairly easy to reach. Photos of what you're looking at where it doesn't seem flush?
If it’s easy to reach then you must be able to just lift the air box out? On the C43 its under the airbox so you have to actually move the airbox out of the way to reach it. I assumed the airbox didn’t just lift out, so I removed the snorkel to the box, disconnected the tube from the box to the turbo by removing the bolt that attatched the box to the turbo (as though you were installing the BMS intakes), and then lifted the box out.

as far as it being flush, I think the JB4 connector moved out of the groove I wedged it in, which is my fault. So I’d like to get back under there and fix it. Will get pics tomorrow if still needed.

So far green cable has made a big difference with trims (I’m running 30% E85).

as always, thanks for the help
Old 09-03-2021, 07:55 PM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
2015 C400
Hey Trek - how did you solve this tight fit? I’m installing mine now, and can’t get the airbox to clip back in. I probably just need to fiddle with the JB4 connector placement, but any guidance from experience is appreciated. Thanks!