C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Service A - what to look out for?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 01:45 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
GLA250 4Matic, 911 Carrera S, R1250 GS Adv.
First Service A - what to look out for?

My '19 C43 is telling me that Service A is nearly due (12 mo., 8K mi.). I plan to have this done at my nearest dealership, where I've had other M-B's serviced, but I don't want to be a complete lay down for unnecessary work and expense. So far I haven't been able to find a description of what's included on this model and whether some of it's optional or can be deferred. Also, I suspect there may be some updates available but not performed unless I specifically ask about them.

So, what should a smart C43 owner expect from his first Service A? Thanks.

Edit: What about rear diff oil at 2,000 mi.on the C43, and isn't there a front diff. too? Is one limited-slip and the other not?

Last edited by Sailorlite; 01-26-2020 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Read manual - additional questions.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by Sailorlite
My '19 C43 is telling me that Service A is nearly due (12 mo., 8K mi.). I plan to have this done at my nearest dealership, where I've had other M-B's serviced, but I don't want to be a complete lay down for unnecessary work and expense. So far I haven't been able to find a description of what's included on this model and whether some of it's optional or can be deferred. Also, I suspect there may be some updates available but not performed unless I specifically ask about them.

Edit: What about rear diff oil at 2,000 mi.on the C43, and isn't there a front diff. too? Is one limited-slip and the other not?
Should be just an oil change (5W-40). That's all I had done. There are some complimentary checks. They inadvertently disconnected one of my engine air intake ducts during said checks, so keep an eye out for that.

They won't touch the diff. No need. There's no mechanical LSD.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 690 Likes on 540 Posts
c
Originally Posted by Sailorlite

I actually can't find anything concrete on the service intervals for the 2019. I just passed 10k miles (almost 11k) and no service indicator. I read all MB's have 15k service intervals now but can't find anything in the manual about when or what is going to be done.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:44 PM

Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts
2019 C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by alexasa
I actually can't find anything concrete on the service intervals for the 2019. I just passed 10k miles (almost 11k) and no service indicator. I read all MB's have 15k service intervals now but can't find anything in the manual about when or what is going to be done.
Same. This thread prompted me to email my dealer to request a service/maintenance schedule. Hoping to hear back today.