Sponsored by:

2016 C450 Transmission & Distronic Software update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2020, 10:39 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C400 & 2016 C450
Talking 2016 C450 Transmission & Distronic Software update

I took my 2016 C450 with 26429 miles to have the 40k service B1 done @ Mercedes-Benz of West Houston Sewell (they are awesome FYI), and asked them to look into the transmission jerk that occurs from 2nd and 3rd gear. Also had them check my distronics system (Drivers Assistance Package) because the car was not staying in the center of the lane and even going into the other lane. They kept the car for 9 days and did transmission software update, and Distronic software update. Got the car back yesterday and it drives way better, the transmission jerk is gone and seems to have fixed the problem for now. They also replaced my battery under warranty. They also put more felt tape to get rid of the interior rattling. This was also done in the beginning of January 2020 and the rattling came back after 2 - 3 days, i hope this time the rattling is gone for good. Has anyone else had the an update done and what is the outcome/result?
The following users liked this post:
Blenno (02-01-2020)
Old 02-01-2020, 11:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C450 AMG
You have a great dealer. Maybe I'll plan a holiday to Texas around a warranty service appointment.
-B.
Old 02-03-2020, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w205
Originally Posted by csalinas8686
I took my 2016 C450 with 26429 miles to have the 40k service B1 done @ Mercedes-Benz of West Houston Sewell (they are awesome FYI), and asked them to look into the transmission jerk that occurs from 2nd and 3rd gear. Also had them check my distronics system (Drivers Assistance Package) because the car was not staying in the center of the lane and even going into the other lane. They kept the car for 9 days and did transmission software update, and Distronic software update. Got the car back yesterday and it drives way better, the transmission jerk is gone and seems to have fixed the problem for now. They also replaced my battery under warranty. They also put more felt tape to get rid of the interior rattling. This was also done in the beginning of January 2020 and the rattling came back after 2 - 3 days, i hope this time the rattling is gone for good. Has anyone else had the an update done and what is the outcome/result?
Is the car keeping itself in the center of the lane now? I have drivers assistance and distronic too and it never seems to hold lane that well. It likes to bounce between the lane lines which isn't what i'd like. I'd imagine that it looks like i'm driving drunk on my way to work sometimes. lol.
is there any specifics about the transmission and distronic software update? I dropped my car off for an update and they told me there's nothing to update and my transmission continues to be jerky.
Thanks so much for your help.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:35 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C400 & 2016 C450
Talking

Originally Posted by liquid22
Is the car keeping itself in the center of the lane now? I have drivers assistance and distronic too and it never seems to hold lane that well. It likes to bounce between the lane lines which isn't what i'd like. I'd imagine that it looks like i'm driving drunk on my way to work sometimes. lol.
is there any specifics about the transmission and distronic software update? I dropped my car off for an update and they told me there's nothing to update and my transmission continues to be jerky.
Thanks so much for your help.
The Distronics does a better job than it was doing before, the lane keep assist would have to kick in so that the car would get back to the center of the lane. Yea i agree with you on the looking drunk part, that's one of the reason I had it looked at but after the update you can tell the difference. They didn't say what exact update was on my C450 but the service tick-ticket does say that two updates were done. I took two pictures of the service records so that you could see what documented to see if that will help you getting your issue resolved. They also changed my battery under the warranty, which was pretty cool cause I didn't even know it needed to be changed. After the transmission update the car no longer has the jerky feeling and shifts normally, I need to see if they can do the update on my C400 because the jerking is very very noticeable.

If there is a Sewell Mercedes-Benz located in your area I highly recommend taking your car to them, the service advisors are amazing, very knowledgeable, and always go above and beyond what is expected during your service/repairs. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Service record for Transmission update

Service record for Distronics
Old 10-29-2021, 05:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C450 AMG
TCU/TCM? Reset.

Hi guys, a little late to thread but you might want to try a cheap and simple DIY first before dishing out money. The process is something like (I forget exactly how it goes but,) you hold down the gas pedal all the way, and then turn the ignition on without starting it. Position 2 I think. Hold for a cpl seconds then turn the car off while still holding the pedal all the way down. You turn it off and wait 30 seconds ish. And I forget the rest lol. But that’s the main just of it. You drive your car afterwards aggressively or drive Ms Daisy and it’ll adapt to your driving style. You can easily search and find it on YouTube. I did it to reset how the transmission adapted to the previous owners driving style. It now feels way better. Sorry I’m not too clear on specifics but the YouTube video will show you exactly how to do it. Hopefully that helps.
The following users liked this post:
BoyGeezy (10-30-2021)