C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

At the risk of lowering the sex-appeal of this forum - I have a question!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 01:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 C63 S AMG Sedan
At the risk of lowering the sex-appeal of this forum - I have a question!

I have recently got a 2020 C43 Coupe which I love. I also have 2 kids, who I love :-) One is six, the other is three. The six year-old uses a booster and can comfortably sit in the back seat behind me. The three-year-old still needs a full child-seat, rear-facing. The one that I have which is installed in our SUV is just way too big, I can't fit it in well. Any dads/moms out here that are in a similar situation and can recommend a car seat that can actually work?

Thank you in advance!
Old 03-09-2020, 11:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C43 amg, glc 300
I believe this one fits,
Cosco
We use it as the travel/backup car seat.
Also why we got a sedan
Old 03-09-2020, 03:43 PM

2020 C63 S AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by Dadmobile
I believe this one fits,
Cosco
We use it as the travel/backup car seat.
Also why we got a sedan
Thank you! Will give it a try.
Old 03-11-2020, 11:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
c43
Originally Posted by killergurt
I have recently got a 2020 C43 Coupe which I love. I also have 2 kids, who I love :-) One is six, the other is three. The six year-old uses a booster and can comfortably sit in the back seat behind me. The three-year-old still needs a full child-seat, rear-facing. The one that I have which is installed in our SUV is just way too big, I can't fit it in well. Any dads/moms out here that are in a similar situation and can recommend a car seat that can actually work?

Thank you in advance!
Sorry if my reply is of no help to you, but I'm just curious. Why is your 3 year old sitting in a rear facing seat? I have a 2 and a 3 year old myself, and both are comfortably seated in my c43 in front facing seats. Seems like it would be much less hassle (not to mention room) for you to switch to a front facing seat.
Old 03-11-2020, 11:50 AM

2020 C63 S AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by jfromthenorth
Sorry if my reply is of no help to you, but I'm just curious. Why is your 3 year old sitting in a rear facing seat? I have a 2 and a 3 year old myself, and both are comfortably seated in my c43 in front facing seats. Seems like it would be much less hassle (not to mention room) for you to switch to a front facing seat.
Agreed. My wife determined after doing extensive research that kids up to 4 years of age need to be rear facing for maximum safety. Front facing would be a non-issue. I am going to order the car seat recommended above, see if it fits.
Old 03-11-2020, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Originally Posted by killergurt
Agreed. My wife determined after doing extensive research that kids up to 4 years of age need to be rear facing for maximum safety. Front facing would be a non-issue. I am going to order the car seat recommended above, see if it fits.
My wife and I are the only DINK couple in our circle of friends and we've been present for this conversation on more than one occasion. Gone are the days of "once they hit 2y/o..." and the current standard is kids should be rear facing until they physically no longer fit in them. If they can comfortable still sit with their legs criss-crossed, they still fit and should be rear facing. Once they outgrow that, you can flip them around and it's booster seat until they max out on the size requirements.

https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-...-Children.aspx
Old 03-12-2020, 09:28 AM

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts
2016 C450 AMG / C50 Lorinser
Here is the problem - Coupe. As your child gets bigger, you will need to get a seat for them as the Cosco one is a smaller seat however it does not manager the child as they get bigger. 2 Large seats in the back of a Coupe will make it harder than if you had the sedan which has a bit more space in the back. You also have to remember that a booster seat can only be used once the child's neck is not crosses by the seat belt. If the belt crosses over their neck and they are still in the weight of the larger seat, they should be in the larger seat.