Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crabbing issues 100% fixed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2022, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
I have the Michelin tires on my car and mine does the crabbing. I’m trying to figure out what exactly is causing it. Thinking about taking it in to my local Mercedes.
Old 12-01-2022, 06:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C 43 amg
I never heard of that being called crabbing. Must be a European idiom. In my experience crabbing is where the back tires do not follow directly behind the front tires but are offset to one side or the other. The condition in the video is what I thought was called tire chatter. I had in all of my corvettes but it was worse on the C7. It happened at all temperatures and with several different tire brands. You should have heard it in my dealer’s service bay when they has four or five in the shop at the same time. The technicians would take turns. It was hilarious.
Old 12-01-2022, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,836 Likes on 2,563 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Exvette
I never heard of that being called crabbing. Must be a European idiom. In my experience crabbing is where the back tires do not follow directly behind the front tires but are offset to one side or the other. The condition in the video is what I thought was called tire chatter. I had in all of my corvettes but it was worse on the C7. It happened at all temperatures and with several different tire brands. You should have heard it in my dealer’s service bay when they has four or five in the shop at the same time. The technicians would take turns. It was hilarious.
The C7 was famous for it.

https://www.mcgrathautoblog.com/auto...ette-stingray/