Sponsored by:

C450 damper issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2020, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 c450 amg
C450 damper issues

I have a 2016 c450 AMG and I’m having damper issues.

When the car is turned on and put into drive/reverse the damper system defaults to sport mode. This cannot be changed until the car is cycled. Only when the car is turned on the damper setting can be changed from comfort(default) to sport(left light) to sport+(both lights) but then defaults to sport when put into gear. Anyone have these issues? Could this be a leveling sensor? Accelerator sensor? Shock absorber?

Ive had a computer hooked up and all I get is left rear damper fault. Please help with this issue!
Old 03-27-2020, 05:43 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 AMG C43 T
I had a similar issue with mine, but on mine it was impossible to change it from Sport. I also had an error message. But suddenly it disappeared and everything was ok. After a while my dealer was able to locate the error and changed the accelerator sensor. After that I haven't had any issues.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 c450 amg
Originally Posted by hlieberg
I had a similar issue with mine, but on mine it was impossible to change it from Sport. I also had an error message. But suddenly it disappeared and everything was ok. After a while my dealer was able to locate the error and changed the accelerator sensor. After that I haven't had any issues.
mine also stays in sport once put in gear and cannot be changed. I don’t get any error messages on the dash though. Just the sport damper light stays on. Ive had a computer hooked up and got left damper issue. Do you think the shock absorber could be the root of the cause?
Old 03-27-2020, 11:44 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 AMG C43 T
Sorry, I don't know..