C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beginner "mods": wrapping the OEM Spoiler, etc?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 10:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Beginner "mods": wrapping the OEM Spoiler, etc?

Hi everyone-

I just got back home with my beautiful new (not really, 2016) C450 in white, and I am already itching to look into some basic subtle mods/changes already. Has anybody wrapped their oem spoiler? I'm thinking possibly about matte black to go along with the white/black/silver theme that's going on. I'm also considering wrapping the interior center console, since mine came with the piano black option. As beautiful as it is pristine, a few finger prints and scratches really ruin the mood.

Also, can anybody recommend some lighter stage 1 tuning? Something with decent gains without straining anything too much, if that makes sense...which it probably doesn't.

Any other recommendations are very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-19-2020, 03:25 AM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
C43 AMG
Originally Posted by celloman25
Hi everyone-

I just got back home with my beautiful new (not really, 2016) C450 in white, and I am already itching to look into some basic subtle mods/changes already. Has anybody wrapped their oem spoiler? I'm thinking possibly about matte black to go along with the white/black/silver theme that's going on. I'm also considering wrapping the interior center console, since mine came with the piano black option. As beautiful as it is pristine, a few finger prints and scratches really ruin the mood.

Also, can anybody recommend some lighter stage 1 tuning? Something with decent gains without straining anything too much, if that makes sense...which it probably doesn't.

Any other recommendations are very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Personally I really like the oem spoiler the same color as the car, but I might be in the minority on here in that I prefer to color match as much as possible. The polar and diamond white really look sharp with gloss black or carbon fiber though.

I think wrapping the console would be a nice place to start. I have the wood grain one and I like the way it looks with the saddle brown seats but some day I may wrap it too.

For tuning check out the JB4 from Burger. It's a piggyback plug and play type which doesn't require a full ECU flash. Some people are getting pretty good results from it. If you don't like it you can sell it.

I have the diamond white and the first thing I did was wrap the door handles black. Also wrapped the front bumper lip because I didn't have the night package. Do a full chrome delete if you want to make that white pop.

I'm also a big proponent of lowering the car as your first mod.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:48 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 AMG
Originally Posted by VitaminJB

I'm also a big proponent of lowering the car as your first mod.
What did you lower your car on? H&R? Does it have any negative affect on the suspension modes?
Old 05-19-2020, 03:14 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
C43 AMG
Originally Posted by W205_AMG
What did you lower your car on? H&R? Does it have any negative affect on the suspension modes?
H&R VTF. They are adjustable and no they work fine with the driving modes.