Sponsored by:

C43 exhaust question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG
C43 exhaust question

Whatsup guys I have 2018 C43 AMG coupe decently optioned picked it up used but i dont have the PE exhaust. I was wondering before i went ahead and chopped off the mufflers is there a way i can unbolt them and take them off the car and drive around to see if i would like the sound? Last thing i wanna do is cut and weld some pipes and realize it doesnt sound the best. I haven’t seen the under body so i have no idea on what the exhaust system looks like. Wondering if anyone else has done this so to say ghetto style unbolt the mufflers haha
Old 06-17-2020, 10:28 PM

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
You can just reweld the mufflers??
Old 06-17-2020, 10:32 PM

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Originally Posted by St0ckC43
Whatsup guys I have 2018 C43 AMG coupe decently optioned picked it up used but i dont have the PE exhaust. I was wondering before i went ahead and chopped off the mufflers is there a way i can unbolt them and take them off the car and drive around to see if i would like the sound? Last thing i wanna do is cut and weld some pipes and realize it doesnt sound the best. I haven’t seen the under body so i have no idea on what the exhaust system looks like. Wondering if anyone else has done this so to say ghetto style unbolt the mufflers haha

You should definitely not cut your stock pipes.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:50 PM

C43 AMG
Originally Posted by jonathan358
You can just reweld the mufflers??
yeah but I don’t wanna go through that hassle i wanna see if i can unbolt them and test the sound
Old 06-18-2020, 03:18 AM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
C43
yeah but I don’t wanna go through that hassle i wanna see if i can unbolt them and test the sound
The mufflers dont unbolt, it unbolts further up where the single side of the Y pipe and the single midpipe meet up. I wouldn’t recommend unbolting it there and testing it out as it would blow straight into a depression in the trunk (which has heat shield on it but not for that kind of a beating)

you could unbolt it there and have a Y pipe fashioned without the mufflers, that way you never cut the stock pipes, but that would be more of a hassle which as you’ve said you’re trying to avoid.

as far as how it sounds, I’ve only heard that it sounds awesome, but that the drone and inability to shut it off make it not a LT solution.

you can find used c43 mufflers and midpipes. You can also purchase new but it’s really expensive..

Last edited by Trekt43; 06-18-2020 at 03:23 AM.
Old 06-18-2020, 09:17 AM

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
Try googling "C43 Muffler Delete".

Last edited by jonathan358; 06-18-2020 at 09:19 AM. Reason: too mean
The following users liked this post:
waisoserious (06-18-2020)
Old 06-18-2020, 09:43 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 AMG C43 Coupe
I also do not have the PE exhaust and recently did the muffler delete. It sounded awesome in S+ however in comfort it was horrible! The low RPM shifts in comfort just creates a constant drone which makes the care sound broken. outside of winter I never drive in comfort however I don't want my car to sound bad in any drive mode. Big waste of money as I immediately had my mufflers put back on.
I previously had a 2015 C350 and just did a resonator delete and that made a pretty significant difference in sound; I wanted to do the same with my C43 however I was told by the muffler shop with our cars being a turbo that just deleting the resonator would not make a difference to the exhaust note... the explanation why was not really clear.
I am still searching for a simple mod outside of full exhaust replacement to make my car sound a little meaner.

Last edited by coop16; 06-18-2020 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-18-2020, 10:15 AM

C43 AMG
Originally Posted by coop16
I also do not have the PE exhaust and recently did the muffler delete. It sounded awesome in S+ however in comfort it was horrible! The low RPM shifts in comfort just creates a constant drone which makes the care sound broken. outside of winter I never drive in comfort however I don't want my car to sound bad in any drive mode. Big waste of money as I immediately had my mufflers put back on.
I previously had a 2015 C350 and just did a resonator delete and that made a pretty significant difference in sound; I wanted to do the same with my C43 however I was told by the muffler shop with our cars being a turbo that just deleting the resonator would not make a difference to the exhaust note... the explanation why was not really clear.
I am still searching for a simple mod outside of full exhaust replacement to make my car sound a little meaner.
dude tbh I haven’t really heard a good sounding V6 from Mercedes dont get me wrong im having a blast with the c43 the combination of comfort and sport is a great thing to have in a daily car. As for the exhaust note however im coming from a 2013 335is where i had a turbo back straight pipe and the thing sounded insane crazy gun shot burbles and i have buddies with c350 that are straight piped and idk they just dont have a wow factor sounds similar to a VQ Engine when straight piped