C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering buying a 2017/2018 C43... Questions about maintenance...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hyundai
Considering buying a 2017/2018 C43... Questions about maintenance...

I'm considering buying a 2017/2018 Mercedes-AMG C43 Coupe. This would be my first Mercedes, and so naturally, my biggest concern and unanswered question is maintenance costs.

I plan to keep the car for at least 5 years, so by the time I get rid of it, it'll be 8 years old or so.

So my questions are:

1. What should I know about its maintenance costs?
2. What should I expect to pay on average yearly in maintenance if nothing else goes wrong with the car?
3. What are some of the more common high-cost parts that will need to be maintained/replaced?
4. And finally, how well do Mercedes cars age, specifically relating to maintenance? Should I expect major issues later in its life (5-8 years)? Or are they quite reliable?

Thanks! 😀
Old 06-23-2020, 12:38 AM

Received 138 Likes on 121 Posts
2018 C43
MB prepaid services are only yearly oil changes. If you are worried about repair bills after the factory warranty expires after 4yrs, consider extended warranty instead.
​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
places (06-23-2020)
Old 06-23-2020, 10:18 AM

Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts
2019 C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by john__
I'm considering buying a 2017/2018 Mercedes-AMG C43 Coupe. This would be my first Mercedes, and so naturally, my biggest concern and unanswered question is maintenance costs.

I plan to keep the car for at least 5 years, so by the time I get rid of it, it'll be 8 years old or so.

So my questions are:

1. What should I know about its maintenance costs?
2. What should I expect to pay on average yearly in maintenance if nothing else goes wrong with the car? Edmunds.com has some information on total cost of ownership that you may find helpful.
3. What are some of the more common high-cost parts that will need to be maintained/replaced?
4. And finally, how well do Mercedes cars age, specifically relating to maintenance? Should I expect major issues later in its life (5-8 years)? Or are they quite reliable? From my research and experience, this varies widely. I suspect it has a lot to do with how the car is driven and maintained over its life, which could probably be said of most performance vehicles.

Thanks! 😀
I've added a couple notes above. I also agree with @stockbmw 's comment.