Sponsored by:

Navi road not mapped

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2020, 04:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi
Navi road not mapped

Why does it always says Road not mapped when I put in a destination? My map is latest version and it’s a 2020 C43.

The route calculates correctly, but just keeps saying Road Not Mapped.
Old 08-15-2020, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,836 Likes on 2,563 Posts
2019 C63CS
That usually means the road hadn't been digitized. The map is aware of the road, but the house numbers, speed information, road type etc aren't known. it'll route you there but if you enter a house number, it may not take you exactly to the correct location.
Old 08-15-2020, 05:55 PM

Audi
Originally Posted by superswiss
That usually means the road hadn't been digitized. The map is aware of the road, but the house numbers, speed information, road type etc aren't known. it'll route you there but if you enter a house number, it may not take you exactly to the correct location.
awww I see. FYI Audi Navi never said that; then again Audi Navi is way ahead of Mercedes Navi and GUI map / google maps is nicer
Old 08-15-2020, 06:36 PM

Audi
Originally Posted by superswiss
how come also the mute voice guidance doesn’t stick the next time you start your car? It goes back to the voice guidance on. Why so many annoying things on this car and won’t say things when you turn off car and turn back on? How do I perm mute the Navi voice guidance?

looks like only way is to turn volume all the way down off on voice

Last edited by amgbenz0411; 08-15-2020 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,836 Likes on 2,563 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by amgbenz0411
awww I see. FYI Audi Navi never said that; then again Audi Navi is way ahead of Mercedes Navi and GUI map / google maps is nicer
Yes, Audi navi does the same exact thing, but with both the MB and Audi I usually only get this on remote rural roads. They both use the same map data from HERE Maps, which is co-owned by Audi, Daimler and BMW. I disagree that overall Audi is better. I find the MB system was thought through much better. For example voice commands work much better and with a single command "Navigate to <name>" it searches the local data and online POIs in one shot. With Audi you have to use a separate command to search online. Similar if sending a destination from the phone, it immediately pops up on the navi screen with MB, whereas with Audi you have to drill two menu levels deep to find the destination you just sent. There are several other things, from better lane guidance, traffic data is more accurate in my experience etc. MB has satellite view as well, but it does it more cleverly IMO. The satellite view is all the way to 2 mile zoom level, but below that it automatically switches to a standard map, so you can see all the details and POIs along with realtime fill level of parking structures and fuel prices at nearby gas stations. Audi has the full screen map in the Virtual Cockpit, which is nice eye candy, but after a while I found rather useless, because you have to minimize the gauges. I prefer the sport view with the central rev gauge and when I navigate I bring up the small map on the right and the turn-by-turn on the left and have the map on the center screen at the 2 mile zoom level to see far enough ahead of what's coming up in terms of traffic and get the satellite view. The MB system nicely shows how many minute of traffic delays there are for each section with congestion. The information is very good and useful that it displays. The one thing I miss from the Audi system is having the next three upcoming exits/maneuvers shown on the side, along with available POIs such as gas stations, so that was helpful on road trips to get off the highway when I saw a Shell station, but I'm kinda over that, because you can easily search for gas stations via voice command or I can use the Shell app and then send it to the navi.

how come also the mute voice guidance doesn’t stick the next time you start your car? It goes back to the voice guidance on. Why so many annoying things on this car and won’t say things when you turn off car and turn back on? How do I perm mute the Navi voice guidance?

looks like only way is to turn volume all the way down off on voice
I don't know why, but yes as far as I know voice guidance always turns back on. Hasn't bothered me. I'm sure there are always specific things from one system to the other that one finds annoying, but those are just first world problems. As I said above, after having used the MB system for a over a year now and discovered all the cool features it has, I find it superior to Audi, YMMV. BTW, are you sure you have the latest maps installed. The latest update came out in July if I remember correctly. My car was two versions behind last year when I took delivery and it only got better with each online update. It's been so good, that I've stopped using CarPlay for the most part. Google Maps just doesn't give all this information with only having a single screen to display the map and everything else. BTW, the map updates also include updates for the voice recognition, but those have to be manually downloaded from the portal to an SD card or USB stick.

Last edited by superswiss; 08-15-2020 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-30-2022, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E220 BlueTEC Cabriolet AMG Line
Why does it always says Road not mapped when I put in a destination? My map is latest version and it’s a 2020 C43.

The route calculates correctly, but just keeps saying Road Not Mapped.
Hi. Did you ever get the problem sorted with the road not mapped, i have purchased a E220 BlueTEC Cabriolet AMG Line ..used, and getting the same error on my navi