C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you ever changed your ECU tunes? (from one company to another)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 05:28 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
C43 Coupe
Have you ever changed your ECU tunes? (from one company to another)

Strictly speaking about ECU tunes (either mail in or handheld OBD2 flash), and not piggyback (Racechip, VR Tuned, JB4,Etc)...HAS anyone on the boards here ever had a ECU tune and because the other manufacturer has better numbers or features or SUPPORT, have you jumped ship?

i ask this because ECU tunes are very expensive compared to Piggybacks but yield better results, and I might want to jump ship. Had a tune from a major player and their support is lackluster after almost a year on my coupe and me previously singing thier praises. emails not responded to and a couple of tries (pre and post pandemic) and this speaks volumes of their business ethics.

It paints a "grab my money" and run picture, now that my ECU is flashed. I spent good money and don't want to be "that guy" with being annoying or intrusive. I was so sold on this company and they had a lifelong customer with me with other platforms, but their actions speak louder than words.

anyone jump ship from their tune maker..and do you feel it was worth it ?
Old 08-16-2020, 08:10 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan
I haven't but curious which tune you have now and which one you are planning to move to.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:18 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
C43 Coupe
Not going to say the original vendor I currently have, but I was thinking of going Eurocharged. They seem to have the fastest c450/c43 tunes safely and reliably aaaaand they keep on updating it (V4 came out late last year I believe). Customer service seems top notch as well.
Old 08-17-2020, 04:49 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2019 C43 Coupe (W205)
I have a 2019 and will say I started with JB4 and have since gone with two other companies. Not going to say who but happy to provide details via PM. I am just providing the simple answer that I did "jump ship". Today I am happy where I landed and have now found my tune of choice.