Sponsored by:

Starter Battery Partly Charged - Mercedes Me Connect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 09:14 PM

Received 110 Likes on 94 Posts
2021 M550i
Starter Battery Partly Charged - Mercedes Me Connect

Picked up my C43 on August the15th, today is September 23rd and I have 521 miles on the odometer.

Ever since around 2 weeks ago It seems like the starter battery status is always almost on PARTLY CHARGED...I don't it drive daily, but I doubt I ever leave it parked for more than one consecutive day in a row. Today I drove it around for 58 mins and travelled 21 miles. The app recommends to drive it for at least 30 mins once it gets to this status.

The odd thing is I checked mid point during today's drive and the status showed FULLY CHARGED. I just checked again and now its back at PARTLY CHARGED.

Is the partly charged status pretty common to most? or does it seem like I have an issue?
Old 09-23-2020, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,565 Posts
2019 C63CS
Yes, pretty common. Partly charged is basically anything less than fully charged and more than critical. The car has a continues battery draw because of the online services. It maintains a constant Internet connection so you can check the car's status and do things like remote start and remote lock. There's a standby mode you can activate in COMAND if you plan to not drive the car for a while. It will turn off the Internet connection etc. so the battery won't drain. It will also show you exactly how long you can park the car in this mode before the battery needs to be charged. This mode is good for extended vacations for example.

If the battery charge goes critical you'll get alerts on your phone and in your email. They also seem to be a bit too eager, though. My C63S is in the shop since Friday and starting Monday I started to get critical battery alerts. I brought it to my SA's attention so they can make sure the battery doesn't go flat. Usually it takes 2-3 weeks before I start getting alerts if the car isn't driven. They must have left the doors open or the ignition turned on for a while. They are doing several software updates, so that could explain it.
The following users liked this post:
jevsays (09-23-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
I kept getting Partly Charged status on my '20 C43, which I picked up at the end of February. Despite driving 45+ minutes at least 1x per week, it would never achieve Charged status.

My battery was faulty, and had to be replaced under warranty. Unfortunately, I waited too late before taking the car in, and it triggered a Low Voltage Code in my AMG Drive Unit. Ever since then, the car has been down on power, and the journey to uncover all the potental fault codes is still ongoing.

I'd get it checked out.

PS - Since getting the new battery, my battery status has been nothing less than fully charged, and that's despite spending 40 minutes with the doors open to detail the interior after getting it back from the dealership.

Finally, if you hit the LOCK button on the key fob 2x when locking the car, it will disable the car/key actively looking for one another, which can drain the 12V battery. You can try utilizing this feature as a less drastic substitute to STANDBY MODE.

Last edited by zibby43; 09-24-2020 at 02:40 AM.
Old 09-24-2020, 03:12 AM

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts
C43
I have left my car for 6 days now and the battery status says "charged". If it's just 1-2 days and you were at full, you should get it checked out. Your battery may not charge to max for some reason, or it could be draining faster than normal for some reason. I would spend time and effort now while it is still under warranty and get everything sorted out.