Sponsored by:

Ride Height - driver vs. Passenger side

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 05:30 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2016 C450 AMG Sport, 2018 GLE400
Ride Height - driver vs. Passenger side

Hey everyone...so just installed hr vtfs and have the overall height where i like it and while fine tuning noticed that the driver side of the car was about 1/8th of inch higher than passenger side (i know its not a massive amount). Got me thinking should the car actually be level or should the driver side actually higher to account for driver weight? This only makes sense if car is mostly driven with single occupant driver. A search on the good ole interwebs basically returns all kinds of opinions some being "its supposed to be like that" to "your shocks/struts are blown". Lol. Trolling some bimmer forums, apparently its a very common issue with them. The beauty of the vtfs is that they are adjustable so i can tune out the height diff...question is should I?
Old 09-27-2020, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 681 Likes on 536 Posts
c
On my KW HAS My driver side was lower at the same collar adjustment. I just kept adjusting till it looked and measure within a tolerable difference - and keep in mind the surface you are measuring on has to be perfect. I would measure 5 times moving the car 5 inches forward or back and get different measurements and even the gas tank level would alter heights. Full tank of gas is nearly an 1/8 inch difference in the rear and it even varies side to side.

Ideally, I would have the driver side a cockhair higher for the weight. My front FTG are about 1/8 lower than the rear with 3/4 tank of gas which is perfect for me.

Old 09-27-2020, 09:26 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2016 C450 AMG Sport, 2018 GLE400
Appreciate the input...i'll fine tune to get more equal. I try to take the measurement from botton of rim lip to top of wheel arch to account for uneven ground but yes, surface im using is pretty level. Thanks.