c450 exhaust cut out?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 03:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 c450 amg
c450 exhaust cut out?

Hey everyone,

I’m a new member here so if I posted this in the wrong place or anything please let me know!

I have a 2016 c450 and have been considering exhaust options for some more sound. I’m not looking to spend a ton of money since I am strongly considering selling and buying a w212 e63s in the near future. However, in the meantime I would just like this car a bit louder.

I have seen discussions on the forum of people doing res deletes, muffler deletes, different full exhaust systems etc. but haven’t seen anyone mention a simple exhaust cutout. Has anyone done this? How’s the sound? Any performance gains/loss?

I appreciate any input!
Old 10-07-2020, 03:59 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
C450 AMG
I have the same car and I’m wondering about resonator delete myself, but I heard it’ll throw codes and check engine lights (I spelled that out all the way because there’s people on here that think everyone knows every acronym for everything lol) and apparently you lose some of snap crackle and pop in sport mode, but I’m looking into it myself. With these Mercedes, I’d just make it look cool and sound good. I wouldn’t waste an *** ton of money on power and speed unless you’re gonna race it. And if you’re gonna do that, buy something else besides a Benz. I went from corvettes to these and I love them! They look good, carry a classy name and ride nice. My tuned and exhaust upgrades corvettes would murder anything I could do to one of these for 1/3rd the money because everything is so much more expensive. Anyway.. I want more thunder out of my C450, so I’ll keep ya posted on what the cheapest and best why I find is. If you hear any info on the Resonator delete, please let me know. These things are Greek to me haha
Old 10-07-2020, 12:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 c450 amg
Originally Posted by gpouliniii
I have the same car and I’m wondering about resonator delete myself, but I heard it’ll throw codes and check engine lights (I spelled that out all the way because there’s people on here that think everyone knows every acronym for everything lol) and apparently you lose some of snap crackle and pop in sport mode, but I’m looking into it myself. With these Mercedes, I’d just make it look cool and sound good. I wouldn’t waste an *** ton of money on power and speed unless you’re gonna race it. And if you’re gonna do that, buy something else besides a Benz. I went from corvettes to these and I love them! They look good, carry a classy name and ride nice. My tuned and exhaust upgrades corvettes would murder anything I could do to one of these for 1/3rd the money because everything is so much more expensive. Anyway.. I want more thunder out of my C450, so I’ll keep ya posted on what the cheapest and best why I find is. If you hear any info on the Resonator delete, please let me know. These things are Greek to me haha
There was a thread on here about a few members that did the res delete and were happy with it but they didn’t mention if I threw any codes. As far as losing any pops and bangs that’s something that can be fixed with a tune. I’m gonna reach out to my local exhaust shop sometime soon and get their opinion so I’ll let you know how it goes!

I’m also a corvette guy so I’m still trying to figure out these cars as well lol. I’m coming from a straight piped 87 so that’s why I’m trying to find a solution for this car that can be both rowdy as well as quiet and luxury.
Old 10-08-2020, 08:47 PM

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Res delete on the c450 sounds great. Great mod for the price. No codes or CELs.

Last edited by DLAMG_1979; 04-08-2021 at 04:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
AMGjimbo609 (10-16-2020)